cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use my now tv black box in the USA?

Can I use my Now tv box (black) in the USA? I don't want to watch NOW TV I just want to watch Disney plus, Netflix etc. All the services are available in the USA but will the box work or will it refuse to turn on or a similar error! Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 @schnapps,

I contacted NOW via live chat and they said the box will work however you can't watch NOW TV which I never wanted to! The other services that I wanted to use should work on the NOW box in all countries I'm pretty sure however the foreign account should work over there as people use VPN's to access different content on Netflix on the same account! Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Personally i wouldn't bother and just pick up a cheap Roku Player in the USA for around 20 dollars or thereabouts.

You would need a USA to UK power converter to plug the NOW Box power brick into.

And from memory the NOW branded devices are geo locked and you can't even use a UK NOW Box or NOW Stick in the Republic of Ireland for example.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @schnapps,

I have an adapter for the plug but is there any way to bypass the geo lock such as VPN or connecting to a hotspot or can you get it to work just enough to get to the menu?

Thanks!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not aware of a method (perhaps somebody has tried it).

The Roku players are dirt cheap in the USA and saves you lugging the NOW box, remote and power adapter all the way to America.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, thanks just as a last attempt I am going to go on a live chat/ call up NOW to see if there is an official fix! Thanks.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Are you going to the USA on holiday? In which case your UK based Disney +, Netflix etc. subscriptions will probably be invalid in any event. You are probably best checking with the providers directly, rather than NOW.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 @schnapps,

I contacted NOW via live chat and they said the box will work however you can't watch NOW TV which I never wanted to! The other services that I wanted to use should work on the NOW box in all countries I'm pretty sure however the foreign account should work over there as people use VPN's to access different content on Netflix on the same account! Thanks for your help.