cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering issues with new box (black box)

I have had my now tv box for just over a week and try as I might I have not yet successfully watched anything in full.
When I select a film or programme the four coloured balls swirl around, the programme begins and then the balls swirl ( blue, pink, yellow and green) and this continues every 60 seconds or so.
My internet provider has reset my router, which is working fine with other appliances. I have checked the settings, I am correctly connected. In system update it shows an update took place on at 7.01pm just now when I selected system restart. I am now trying to watch Game of Thrones and it has buffered with the coloured balls 2 or 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Please help.

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having buffering and sound issues for the last day. I have reset and restarted the TV box and modem. Iplayer is working fine. Any suggestions?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is not a PlayStation 4 prob, just on the TV box. I am having some issues with how to navigate this forum.....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Don't worry about the thread, I've moved it over to the NOW TV Box section.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your box though.

Would you be able to give Step 4 here? Click here 

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone else having issues with constant buffering since the latest update , my black box update on 7th march and now keeps buffering, the bit rate is set

to automatic and i have tired changing it to 3.5 but it still does it.....!!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is anyone else having issues with constant buffering since the latest update , my black box update on 7th march and now keeps buffering, the bit rate is set

to automatic and i have tired changing it to 3.5 but it still does it.....!!!

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please provide your 'black' boxes actual software version number?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

V 7.5.3 Build 4068-10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

should have said... update is V 7.5.3 - Build 4068-10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just got the black Now TV box, just to watch the new game of thrones! I could watch it fine before, but with the new series it keeps 'buffering' every few minutes, which is extremely annoying! The box is connected wirelessly to the router and worked fine before, could it be because so many people are watching it? Though I didn't think that happened nowadays! 😂 I've tried resetting the box and the old 'turn it off and turn it back on again' but to no avail! Someone help please!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem with buffering but when I did the Secret thing, there wasn't an option to press 'disable network pings'??
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you go into the nowtv box menu settings, under network, wireless what is your wifi signal strength (i.e excellent, good or poor).

Have you tried powering down the box and router for say about 30 seconds and then switch back on your router first (leave it boot up) then power back on your now box.

What is the make and model of your Router, if it's a dual router then perhaps changing to the 5ghz wifi frequency band rather than using 2.4 ghz which the old white box used.