cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering issues with new box (black box)

I have had my now tv box for just over a week and try as I might I have not yet successfully watched anything in full.
When I select a film or programme the four coloured balls swirl around, the programme begins and then the balls swirl ( blue, pink, yellow and green) and this continues every 60 seconds or so.
My internet provider has reset my router, which is working fine with other appliances. I have checked the settings, I am correctly connected. In system update it shows an update took place on at 7.01pm just now when I selected system restart. I am now trying to watch Game of Thrones and it has buffered with the coloured balls 2 or 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Please help.

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I said I know there is no problem with iternet speed or wi-fi

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Maybe it is due to this ongoing issue.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happens when watching on the nowtv (black) box, no other activity on any other devices.

Has all the characteristic of a problem at your end with insufficient server capacity.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Like @BicBasher suggested, is it practicaly possible in your home  environment to run an Ethernet cable between your Router and NowTV black box ?

All the NowTV devices in my house are wired over Ethernet and i watch a lot of NowTV live & on demand content including GOT and never have encountered any buffering or breakdown of picture quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It could also be due to any traffic management policies that your ISP has in place.

Who is your ISP and what type of package do you have with them ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virgin media and internet speed and wireless is as I said before very good.

The problem is the now tv (black box) which does not handle wireless at all well.

When the buffering happens a computer connected by wireless (in the same location) running now tv in internet explore does not have the problem.

It is not easy to run and ethernet cable to the box (and really this should not be necessary as I have good wirless coverage and speed to other devices in the same location)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - i cant see what that ongoing issue is because the link takes me to a restricted page. 

Is that issue still an issue or is there a known fix?

Thanks!

James

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The link has been changed, hopefully this will point you in the right direction. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-slow-loading-buffering

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User it is slower at peak times from what you say. Have you tried either changing the channel or Ethernet?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I have Virgin and don't experience buffering on Now. Have you investigated local WiFi channel usage.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.