cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering issues with new box (black box)

I have had my now tv box for just over a week and try as I might I have not yet successfully watched anything in full.
When I select a film or programme the four coloured balls swirl around, the programme begins and then the balls swirl ( blue, pink, yellow and green) and this continues every 60 seconds or so.
My internet provider has reset my router, which is working fine with other appliances. I have checked the settings, I am correctly connected. In system update it shows an update took place on at 7.01pm just now when I selected system restart. I am now trying to watch Game of Thrones and it has buffered with the coloured balls 2 or 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Please help.

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, don't know why I didn't think of that! Will give it a go
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you still have issues you could also try making sure that the box is not located next to other wifi/radio devices such as cordless home phones and bluetooth devices. These can interfere with the WiFi signal.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Eleanor

If you can confirm that the downstairs box is OK then your probably need a wi-fi extender, as mentioned before you may be interference or it could just be a distance problem.

Either way with an extender downstairs, along with your Now TV box,  everything should now be sorted out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning  thanks for all your help so far it is just that I now have another problem I recently changed broad band supplier sky to virgin fibre optic    I have also upgraded two white boxes to black boxes these are used solely in bedrooms (as her indoors dominates downstairs tv) the problem is daughters room picture quality fine my room ? well the viewing is equivelant to a bad dvd rip I have swapped the boxes around changed tvs from room to room swapped all leads but the fault persists ? I have just plugged in the old white box & hey presto it is perfect no buffering & clear picture . The room that is having the problem is furthest from the router could this be my problem poor signal etc ? if so why would it work with the white box

cheers Ed 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  are the boxes connected via 2ghz or 5ghz?  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My nowtv box is fine during the day but starts buffering in the evening and is unwatchable.

My internet connection is good so please none of the usual check your speed, restart the box ect.

This must be due to demand on your service so I would like to know what you are planning to do to address this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  What shows are you finding this happens on, live TV or catch up or both, movies or sport?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has been happening for a week or so. On demand Downton Abbey and GOT

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User that sounds like clogged up WiFi. Channels are shared so can get busy. You can change the Wi-Fi channel you transmit on. Check with your provider on how to do so.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

Yes, I agree with @4268 Manually change your wifi channel and see which works best for you.   I live in a block of flats with wifi congestion, so finding the clearest channel will dramatically change your viewing experience.

If not, connect an ethernet cable from your router to the black box and it normally works faultlessly.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.