cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering issues with new box (black box)

I have had my now tv box for just over a week and try as I might I have not yet successfully watched anything in full.
When I select a film or programme the four coloured balls swirl around, the programme begins and then the balls swirl ( blue, pink, yellow and green) and this continues every 60 seconds or so.
My internet provider has reset my router, which is working fine with other appliances. I have checked the settings, I am correctly connected. In system update it shows an update took place on at 7.01pm just now when I selected system restart. I am now trying to watch Game of Thrones and it has buffered with the coloured balls 2 or 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Please help.

39 REPLIES 39
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have had my now tv box for just over a week and try as I might I have not yet successfully watched anything in full.
When I select a film or programme the four coloured balls swirl around, the programme begins and then the balls swirl ( blue, pink, yellow and green) and this continues every 60 seconds or so.
My internet provider has reset my router, which is working fine with other appliances. I have checked the settings, I am correctly connected. In system update it shows an update took place on at 7.01pm just now when I selected system restart. I am now trying to watch Game of Thrones and it has buffered with the coloured balls 2 or 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Please help.

Unhappybunny

What's your internet speed like, are you using the NowTV box over WIFI ?

Have you read the guides below, it might give you some pointers.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Slow-loading-or-buffering-with-a-NOW-TV-Box

http://help.nowtv.com/GEN_DFEngine?articleId=kA6G00000000DcYKAU&flowStepQuestion=%40%40a1NG0000003wzaeMAA&flowTargetLabel=%40%40a1OG0000007V9WpMAK&nextStepId=a1NG0000003wzajMAA&ppvTransactionValue=&snValue=

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven't been able to watch anything all day,neither live tv or catch up. It plays for a few seconds then buffers, and occasionally reverts back to a black screen. I've tried all the solutions I can find on here, but still can't stop it buffering. Anyone else having issues or have any other suggestions. Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What internet broadband speeds do you get on average in your house ?

How far is the box from the Router ?

What make is your Router and does it offer 5ghz option ?

Is it practicaly possible to run a hardwired Ethernet cable between your Router and NowTV box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No idea on Internet speed, shows as good. 5ghz no idea. Router is at the bottom of the stairs, box is in bedroom upstairs. Has worked fine for 5 months. No possible to run a cable
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Assuming you have tried rebooting your Router ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you say the screen goes blank, does it look like a dark screen with a lighter greyish cloud in the middle and pressing the remote control buttons does nothing at all (ie the box freezes) ?

Again, i am assuming you have rebooted the NowTV box by switching it off/on at the mains power outlet ?

Geluk
Expert 2

Is your broadband via a phone line provided by BT or Plus Net; use this site to see your speed:

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

or there are plenty of other speed checkers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm beginning to think I've got a duff box! Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Upstairs works absolutely fine. Downstairs is a nightmare. Buffers constantly, poor picture quality, sometimes won't even get to different channels home pages just gets stuck loading them.
Have checked internet connection and it's good. Have done a speed test, no issues. No other devices using Internet (particularly during the day which is when the issues are worst). Router is upstairs but connection still works for other devices and this one at times so don't think it's that
I've done the ffwd x5 home button, rwd X 5 thing and disabled pings after looking at advice on this forum but still doesn't help.
Any ideas?!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User how do you get on if you swap the boxes over? It's possible that the one downstairs is in a connectivity blackspot, so swapping them over will identify if it the box or location.