cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering Issues When Navigating NOW Box

OK, I have been a customer of Now tv for a few years and don't normally get the spinning circles when using the Now box.

However for the past month or so I get the spinning globes  appearing for 1-4 seconds when going from "Home" to "Best of Catch UP" etc. When doing a search for a programme the spinning globes appear briefly for each letter I enter into the search box.

It should be stressed the programmes themselves do NOT get interrupted  during playback.

I have a stable wifi connction and do not use it for any other purpose, no smart phones etc. I have been wondering if not logging out of BBC Iplayer,All 4 and Youtube apps may have something to do with the lag.

Its not a major problem as all the programmes play fine, its just the navigation of the Now box. I have tried another box which I had as a spare, and that has the same issues.

Does anyone else experience the same ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's normal behaviour for the new version of the app (its been recently updated from v3 to v4), the spinning balls appear when it's updating the catalogue from NOW TV's servers, with the app no doubt being a little more resource hungry and the black NOW TV box being a little slower than the newer Smart Box and Smart Stick it's a touch more noticeable, it usually takes a second or two for me.

There's no need to log out of the other apps, but if you find it unduly slow you could always restart the box (Settings > System > Power > System restart) and/or reboot your broadband router to see if it helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's normal behaviour for the new version of the app (its been recently updated from v3 to v4), the spinning balls appear when it's updating the catalogue from NOW TV's servers, with the app no doubt being a little more resource hungry and the black NOW TV box being a little slower than the newer Smart Box and Smart Stick it's a touch more noticeable, it usually takes a second or two for me.

There's no need to log out of the other apps, but if you find it unduly slow you could always restart the box (Settings > System > Power > System restart) and/or reboot your broadband router to see if it helps.