cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband and tv package

Hiya all. 

I’m a new customer. I took out the broadband and tv package but I only received the Hub two router. I thought I had the now App on my tele but only realised now that it was via my kids PlayStation 4. So how do I watch now tv if my App Store doesn’t allow me to download it? Will now tv send me a stick or do I have to go purchase one when I already bought the kids and cinema package. I really thought I was gonna be sent a Now stick😕

15 REPLIES 15
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey LL

Sorry, I don't get why you think you've been duped, so you misunderstood what you were getting for your money, who's fault is that?  Maybe if you did a bit of research you would have understood what you were getting yourself into.

Before you think I'm pro-Now TV let me assure you I'm not, there are some (what I call) hidden policies and rules that I am personally against.  However, I do believe that a person's finances are, in most cases, a scarce resource and so you should be extra careful before committing yourself any kind of financial commitment. And even after the commitment is made, constant vigilance is required to insure you are not surprised by a hidden cost or charge.

UK Bob  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Harsh but true
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry LL

I did not mean to be harsh or brutal, still I hope that everything works out for you and things are now under control.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're right of course but walk a mile in another person's shoes maybe? 

I suffer many health conditions and was suffering domestic abuse while battling old demons and PTSD etc.

My memory is shot at and I find it extremely difficult to concentrate or take in what I'm being told or reading.

Most days my head feels like it's about to blow off and I just don't cope well.

A lot of people who do know me personally wonder how I'm still here let alone keep going.

I'm not dumb, just constantly anxious, stressed, ill, depressed or more.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again LL

It's been a time since I've been this way, plus, and like yourself, I'm finding that my health is not what it used to be.  So, I am sympathetic with your situation and the fact that the older we get the more we are seen as prey for both legitimate and illegitimate organisations.

Unfortunately, where money is concerned you cannot trust anyone or any organisation to protect your interests, they are always looking for ways to chisel  those extra £'s out of your pocket.

Therefore, in order to protect yourself, and your scarce resources, always use the Internet, i.e. user forums, Which?, etc., to find out what an organisation is really like before making any financial commitment and also, if possible, always have a back out strategy if things go wrong.

I know what I am saying is not always easy but if you cannot find out any thing good or bad about a company or cannot see a way to back out of a commitment then leave that company alone.

In other words, stay safe, stay frosty.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm so angry and peeed off.

I thought I'd bought the full Tv viewing and broadband and turns out all I was given was a useless broadband hub n landline number.

I thought the broadband was included because you had to have it in order to watch their programmes,the landline I didn't expect, but again thought I have to have it in order to have broadband. 

My Grandkids and I were so excited tonight thinking we could watch Netflix's etc.

What an absolute let down!

Worst still after calling the number given a few times,all I kept being told was sorry we're just broadband you need to use the TV text number? No other info though!

What damn text number?

I wanted to speak to a human being!

I feel totally conned!