cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband and tv package

Hiya all. 

I’m a new customer. I took out the broadband and tv package but I only received the Hub two router. I thought I had the now App on my tele but only realised now that it was via my kids PlayStation 4. So how do I watch now tv if my App Store doesn’t allow me to download it? Will now tv send me a stick or do I have to go purchase one when I already bought the kids and cinema package. I really thought I was gonna be sent a Now stick😕

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nowtv previously offered their customers when signing up to their Combo package which was for TV, Broadband and Telephone an option for a  included Nowtv smart box into the Combo package.

The Combo package has been discontinued over a year now, where NowTV only offer a bundled Broadband / Fibre and Telephone service where you would need to add the NowTV passes and smart stick or smart box at an extra over additional cost.

If your TV is not either an LG or Samsung Smart TV with the NowTV App in your television Apps Store, then see if you have any of these supported devices knocking around the house.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

If not, the cheapest option would be a Nowtv smart stick with either a bundled cinema, kids or entertainment voucher pass included in the box for around the £20 price mark that you can add to your existing account within the last 30 days of any existing offer on your account expiring.

The voucher in the box is valid for 12 months to use on your account from date of purchase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello
Thanks for replying. As I’d like to watch the bundles that I’ve bought on the tv but as it’s a Toshiba I cannot download the app, if I bought a stick does that mean I will have to buy another bundle? What will I do with the bundle I bought in my package?

Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope the Toshiba smart Tv's don't support the NowTV inbuilt App on their smart platform service.

If you decide to buy a nowtv box or smart stick, then when you set it up, use your exact nowtv account details that you have already on your existing bundle where you can save or redeem the voucher that comes with the new box or stick on your current bundled pass account.

With the voucher that comes in the box if it's the older scratch card voucher just add the code to your existing account by going to Passes & Vouchers on here, where you should see a green apply voucher button next to your passes if you are in the last 30 days of an offer.

Or if it's the newer electronic version the voucher will be uploaded to your existing account automatically and you should have a maximum of 12 months to redeem the voucher when you like if less than 30 days on an offer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, u have been really helpful. I understand what I need to do know☺️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have just received the Router for Now TV with what I thought was an Entertainment package. I have a Sony TV and don't seem to be able to link the two ? I am wondering if I am missing something such a Stick ?Any help greatly appreciated please?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV don't provide the TV streaming hardware with their Broadband Package only the Hub Router for using the internet.

Have a read of this link below asking the same question.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/TV-Box/m-p/523079 

Also your Sony Smart TV doesn't currently support the native inbuilt NowTV streaming App and you will need another external supported device to hook up to your TV via HDMI.

Here's a linked article on ways of watching NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks @schnapps 

This all makes sense now. I have been miss sold an entertainment package!! 

Will have to think again ! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have been offered a discounted Entertainment NowTV pass with your Broadband package and assumed it includes the TV streaming hardware in the deal (which is not the case).

A few people have also questioned this in the past (where perhaps NowTV should clearly state that TV streaming hardware is not included in the Broadband package deal on their website when somebody is interested in these Broadband offers). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I made the same mistake it seems. It can't just be us who got duped either.

I've had Internet etc since the 90's,so I usually get it right.

Afters months of struggling to contact Nowtv customer services ,or not receiving any replies they finally came good in the end and due to all the messing around and mistakes they sent me what I thought I'd bought in the first place, A Nowtv stick!

However my joy was short lived once I realised I'd have to pay still each month for Passes in order to even watch TV on top of paying for broadband with a landline I never use.