cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broad Band Usage

New user here - Techy question!

If I am not watching my TV via my NowTV box will it still constantly stream using up my BB, or do I need to turn it off?

Ta

EmSu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

When you've finished watching something on NOW TV, the box won't automatically start a new episode. Some people might inadvertently leave the box streaming live TV for a bit or start a movie and leave it running when they aren't watching it, but if you get into the habit of pressing the Home button on the remote to quit the app and return to the homescreen when you've finished then you'll be fine. The box won't then be streaming anything and won't use up your broadband allowance (apart from a very small amount of data once a day checking if there are any updates available). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

When you've finished watching something on NOW TV, the box won't automatically start a new episode. Some people might inadvertently leave the box streaming live TV for a bit or start a movie and leave it running when they aren't watching it, but if you get into the habit of pressing the Home button on the remote to quit the app and return to the homescreen when you've finished then you'll be fine. The box won't then be streaming anything and won't use up your broadband allowance (apart from a very small amount of data once a day checking if there are any updates available). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats great Andy - Thanks for the tip!