cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box stopped working and account details altered

About a week ago my black Now TV box stopped working - couldn't get it to turn on. I've pressed the reset button underneath and managed to get to the generic 'Get Started' page which directs me to the website to enter a code. Did this and signed back into my account, which is now showing that I have no payment details set up and no payment history - I haven't altered or cancelled anything, and the last payment was taken on 19 June. I'm loathe to put my details in again as I don't want to be double-charged. Any suggestions? TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You won’t be charged for logging into your account on another device. It’s the same when if you log into the app on your phone. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This might sound like a silly question, but if you have used more than one NOW account in the past, then did you use the correct account that you was billed on the 19th of June ?

Have you got any other playback devices that still works with your NOW TV Membership and if so go to the My Account section of the playback NOW App and check the email address used.

In the past when I have factory reset my NOW boxes and entered the six digit activation code on the NOW website it didn't ask me for my card details again.

This normally happens if you haven't got an up to date card on your NOW account, a customer is using an older inactive account where the card date has expired or somebody asked NOW to remove their account details under GDPR and wasn't using NOW and just using the NOW box for other Apps such has YouTube etc.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore my last two paragraphs on my post above, where I thought after entering the six digit activation on the NOW website you was asked to input your bank card details.