cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not loading home, catch up or TV guide options

Hi in the last 4 days the home, catchup & TV guide options are not working. The screen just refuses to load & just hangs. I've tried soft reset, hard reset using the button on the back, factory reset, now tvs own technical support but no solution has been offered & the support team cut me off twice! Please help! The only way I can access content is via the apps option but isn't a great customer experience. 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm now of day 30 if this & still no resolution, their complaints procedure is a joke. So far an email has been sent to their CEO & MD, I'm awaiting a response! Annoyed doesn't even cover it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guess what......less than 12 hrs after I complained the issue is now fixed. Here's the guys you need to email [email removed] & [email removed] ceo & md for nowtv. Coincidence it's been fixed today? 🤔🤔🤔🤔😉😉 Good luck. I just need to get a refund & reimbursement for the hassle, lost subscription charges & inconvenience of buying a new Now tv stick now! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So how did they fix it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No idea. When I switched it on Sunday night it had no signal like the ariel
had been pulled out a TV, it restarted & voila it worked!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. In System info under 'NOW TV account' it says 'Not available'. I wonder if NOW TV is having trouble recognising customer accounts. I am so frustrated by it all. I have clicked on complaints and left messages but that seems a useless endeavour, nobody gets back to me and the problem isnt fixed. They have removed the CEO email address you posted, but I would quite like to give him an earful myself!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi just Google Nowtv ceo & managing director emails they aren't hard to
find! Good luck!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I will if I get no joy. I just spent a frustrating hour on live chat, speaking with two different people, my complaint has now been elevated and someone will be in touch via email. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're having similar problems, with the NowTv Box completely useless now and it has been for about a week.

Able to use the NowTV app from the phone to cast to the TV (although it crashes regularly) so it's not the internet.

I've also been trying to get an online chat going for 3 days now and NO-ONE is ever available.  I don't like phone calls as I like to keep stuff in writing as I've had experience of verbal promises not being adhered too in the past.

Coincidentally my contract is up (I think, it's impossible to find out) so I may just say sod this and walk.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paul

I ended up spending a good two hours on Live Chat getting nowhere, eventually the second person who joined the chat escalated my complaint and I received an email instructing me to reboot the wifi and disconnect the NOW TV stick and reconnect after a couple of minutes. I had already done this without success but tried again today and Home, Best of Catch Up and the TV Guide loaded until I opened the NOW TV app and was thrown straight back out again. I disconnected and reconnected again and they loaded again on both my sticks. If I click straight on a program from Home or Best of Catch Up it loads in the app. Home and Best of Catch Up provide a limited menu but by clicking on a program and then the back button on the remote you remain in the app and can navigate the full menu for your passes. If you stop watching for any length of time when you go back to the NOW TV stick Home, Best of Catch Up and the TV Guide are lost again.

They suggested if their instruction didn’t solve the issue that I could use the search option to watch what I wanted. 

They told me they are aware other customers are experiencing the same problem and are observing the problem closely. I replied explaining what happened, as above, and told them I expect them to do more than observe and to come up with a permanent solution to the problem.

Probably the more people who contact them at ( help @ now tv . com ) the better.

Good luck
PS close the gaps for the email address
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue is being reported all over the forum in different threads. I got a new nowtv box but still have the issue of it hanging. 

Someone else suggested you can use the 'search' function to find your programmes which worked for me but is a ridiculous  workaround.