cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not loading home, catch up or TV guide options

Hi in the last 4 days the home, catchup & TV guide options are not working. The screen just refuses to load & just hangs. I've tried soft reset, hard reset using the button on the back, factory reset, now tvs own technical support but no solution has been offered & the support team cut me off twice! Please help! The only way I can access content is via the apps option but isn't a great customer experience. 

25 REPLIES 25
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering with your device. 

Can you please let us know the version of the app you are running?

You should be able to find this out by heading to My Account.

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Version on the app is 10.12.0 however the app is working on my phone but my
now TV box & now the stick I've replaced it with as I thought the issue was
the box is not!

Tech support asked for a hard reset to be completed which I did & this made
the issue worse! I was able to access content via the app option on the
box/stick but now if I try it just kicks me back to the apps option & will
not allow access.

I've had no response since I replied to tech support after the hard reset.
Really disappointing service, I'm now paying for a service I cannot access
& have been for a week now!

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Karl please read my previous responses before replying.

This has not been fixed! 11 days with no service or response from tech services ref 07294919 is very frustrating, 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problems on 3 separate boxes in my home. Hard reset and factory reset both fail to resolve the issue. These boxes are also running version 10.12.0 like @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I cannot believe Now TV have had the audacity to send me a customer service
survey today asking how things went.

No resloution has been offered. Shocking experience!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree completely. By replying to your post I somehow became an "advocate". What the hell does that mean? And still no resolution but loads of drop outs and "no network connection" messages when I know, full well, my internet is up and running properly.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Karl-F 

In the old days, these various statuses had to be worked for, by making a number of postings, and they really meant something about your activity in the Community.

Then the hierarchy was flattened, and the statuses are now handed out like sweets.

It was thought, apparently, that doing this might promote engagement, but it has not, and if anything, has gone the other way.

One particular irony, as evinced in your case and for others before you, is that if you arrive and post a single complaint, you are made up to ‘Advocate’, which is about the last thing you are, or want to be, in such circumstances 😢

This is an irony which seems to be lost on the NowTV Admins, though it is not lost on me.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having these problems with my box since Thursday 2nd July. 

I can get apps but none of the NowTV I am paying for!

I have been disconnected three times on the live chat. Can't afford a new box or stick. 

Done all the resets

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this issue for the past week now with my box, stick and stick at my parents house. 

I can search for programs but i cannot view the tv guide, i cannot click onto now TV as it just throws me back onto the home page. 

I can watch netflix and disney+ through the apps section and that will load, but whats the point in paying for now TV if i can't watch it!? 

I cannot find where i can even contact now TV about this, i have followed all the steps of resetting the box and sticks and also doing a full reset back to factory settings and still has not resolved this issue. I don't understand what is going on, but clearly its not just a one of, as too many people are having the same issue. 

It has to be an issue Now TVs end and they need to fix it.