cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not going into standby

My Now TV Box will not go into standby. Go to home screen and it stays on. I have tried a reset by pressing a pin in the back and re entered the set up but it is still the same.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

My Now TV Box will not go into standby. Go to home screen and it stays on. I have tried a reset by pressing a pin in the back and re entered the set up but it is still the same.

Hi @Anonymous User

As far as we know the nowtv black box will only go onto standby if your tv is on standby. If you click the home button on your remote this will get you back up and running Smiley Happy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

As far as we know the nowtv black box will only go onto standby if your tv is on standby. If you click the home button on your remote this will get you back up and running Smiley Happy

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to what @Anonymous User has said the behaviour you see will depend on which box you have

If it's a standard NowTV black box you're using, then by default it will go into low-power mode after 10 minutes of inactivity, regardless of whether your TV is on or off. You will know when the box has gone into low-power mode because the white light on the front of the box will be off. The box can be brought out of low-power mode by pressing any button on the remote. And is brought out of low-power mode in about two seconds. Have a box behaves with regard to its screensaver/low-power mode can be changed within the settings menu.

If you have a smart box things will work a little differently. The smart box will by default go into standby mode two or three minutes after your TV has been turned off or alternatively, if there have been no buttons pressed on the box remote for four hours. The box will then go into standby mode even if the TV is on. The smart box is brought out of standby mode by pressing any button on the remote that it will take 15 to 20 seconds to wake up. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.