cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box fails to load properly, screen goes blank after a few seconds

Hi

Normally pressing a button on the remote wakes up the box and then it just takes a few seconds to load up.

Since last night, pressing the remote wakes the box, the white light comes on, although it does seem to flicker a lot more than before, but the screen remains black. If i unplug the power lead and then back in, the initial coloured start up screen appears with the Nowtv logo, but after a few seconds it goes black and were back to as above.

Ive swapped round HDMI leads but it makes no difference.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried testing the NowTV box on a different HDMI port on your television ?

Also if you have a second television in the home and you connect the NowTV box to it, does the same symptoms persists ?

Have you tried a full factory reset on the box by holding in a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 seconds whilst the box is powered on to see if that fixes it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

There's only one HDMI on the TV but plugging in an Amazon fire stick, or anything else works normally.

Tried a reset and this seems to work until you need to select the TV display setting, wether 720p, HD or auto, once you click ok, the screen goes black and back to nothing, then have to reset again!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You say you have an Amazon fire stick?

Perhaps time to make the full switch and stick with Amazon fire?

Especially that Now TV is available on Amazon fire sticks. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Without testing out the NowTV Box on another TV it might be an inherent fault with the Box HDMI port if you have already changed the HDMI cable.

Only other thing i would try if your television supports it is to play around with the HDMI CEC setting in your TV menu.

If you are using a HDMI external switch box, bypass it and plug the NowTV Box directly into the single HDMI port on your television.

Which version of the Amazon Fire Stick are you using ?

Where most generations of the Amazon Fire Stick now supports the inbuilt native NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Without testing out the NowTV Box on another TV it might be an inherent fault with the Box HDMI port if you have already changed the HDMI cable.

Seems most likely to me.

Only other thing i would try if your television supports it is to play around with the HDMI CEC setting in your TV menu.

No idea, but given the box has been faultless for over a year, cant' see that being an issue.

If you are using a HDMI external switch box, bypass it and plug the NowTV Box directly into the single HDMI port on your television.

Tried that.

Which version of the Amazon Fire Stick are you using ?

Where most generations of the Amazon Fire Stick now supports the inbuilt native NowTV App.

May have to resort to that.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.