cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box Won't Activate, Website Crashes.

I had a white box which died, so I decided to buy a new black box.

The box will not complete its activation. I goto nowtv.com/tv and enter the code, I then enter my login details and just get a blank page. The activation does not complete.

I have tried multiple times on various different operating system/browser combinations and get the same result every time.

I have been on the 'live chat' 3 different times, which was no help at all because they were literally reading the help pages (which I had already read) back to me, and I actually had to ask one 'assistant' if she was a robot because her answers were so generically rigid.

The last 'helper' I chatted with sent me an email and told me to reply to the email if it didn't resolve in a day or two and they would sort it out. Needless to say it didn't resolve so I sent a reply. This reply seems to have been ignored and I am still left with a new black box that I can do nothing with.

Is there any way I can activate this box? I have tried literally everything I can think of... Hard reset the box itself, wired and wireless internet connection to box, reset the router. Nothing works.

I thought about setting up another account, but it wanted my bank card details so I'm not doing that.

Any ideas gratefully received, because I am literally pulling my hair out trying to get this thing activated!

Thanks, Norm.

27 REPLIES 27
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Further update:

After another Live Chat marathon, it appears that the only way I can activate this new box is to create a completely new account with a different payment card.

This is not only RIDICULOUS, but also STUPID! I am not having 2 sets of card details stored online.

So, I give up trying to activate this box the proper way and will have to resort to hacktivating it. (or just throw it in the bin and not waste my time).

Useless PoC!

Back in after a few days off there @Anonymous User Tbh i don't even understand why you have to resort to creating a new account. It doesn't make any sense 😕 Did live chat explain to you why it has to be done?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony,

The payment card I used to activate this account and my original white box may have expired and this is maybe what has corrupted this account, not allowing it to activate the new box.

Apparently there is no way to reset or reactivate this account and no way to activate anything. The only option the agent could think of was to create a completely seperate new account.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Tony,

The payment card I used to activate this account and my original white box may have expired and this is maybe what has corrupted this account, not allowing it to activate the new box.

Apparently there is no way to reset or reactivate this account and no way to activate anything. The only option the agent could think of was to create a completely seperate new account.

We're you able to change your payment details via the website and then try to activate the box then at all @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, along with not being able to access Personal Details, I am unable to access Payment Details, so cannot enter another card.

It is unexplainable, but for some reason this account seems to be locked down. I can log in and post on here, but cannot access the main areas.

I have now set up another account, but not entered any card details yet, and I find that I cannot access Personal Details on that account either.

I feel there is a problem with the way this website works, its like they are making it deliberately hard to activate a box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screenshot_2018-11-04-17-01-25.pngScreenshot of Payment Details.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Screenshot_2018-11-04-17-01-25.pngScreenshot of Payment Details.

Everything else about your account is 100% functional and i can't find any reason as to why it won't let you do anything regarding the account. I'll have a word tomorrow and see if i can dig anything up @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally! The box activated last night..

A few days ago the website allowed me to access personal details and enter a new payment card details, but the box still wouldn't activate.

Then, last night the activation page decided to work. It accepted the code from my box, but then wanted me to buy a pass before it would activate. I got mad and closed the page, I had already paid for the box, why should I have to now buy a flaming pass? I sent nowtv a strong email complaining about this.

A few hours later, they emailed me back asking me to do a factory reset on the box (which wouldn't of done anything at all). I clicked home to wake up the box and it said 'linking', then done a few updates and started working as it should.

Much as I am happy the box is finally activated and working, I am furious at nowtv's 'technical experts' who clearly know nothing.

Many thanks to everyone on this post who have helped!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. It's all smooth (nothing wrong with the box) until it says redeem vouchers. Is this you? shows my correct email address then oops something went wrong. I have a current entertainment pass running. Tried everything the customer service is a total automated joke. Can't even use the box at all as it won't go pass this step. Let me know if you ever get a solution.