cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box Won't Activate, Website Crashes.

I had a white box which died, so I decided to buy a new black box.

The box will not complete its activation. I goto nowtv.com/tv and enter the code, I then enter my login details and just get a blank page. The activation does not complete.

I have tried multiple times on various different operating system/browser combinations and get the same result every time.

I have been on the 'live chat' 3 different times, which was no help at all because they were literally reading the help pages (which I had already read) back to me, and I actually had to ask one 'assistant' if she was a robot because her answers were so generically rigid.

The last 'helper' I chatted with sent me an email and told me to reply to the email if it didn't resolve in a day or two and they would sort it out. Needless to say it didn't resolve so I sent a reply. This reply seems to have been ignored and I am still left with a new black box that I can do nothing with.

Is there any way I can activate this box? I have tried literally everything I can think of... Hard reset the box itself, wired and wireless internet connection to box, reset the router. Nothing works.

I thought about setting up another account, but it wanted my bank card details so I'm not doing that.

Any ideas gratefully received, because I am literally pulling my hair out trying to get this thing activated!

Thanks, Norm.

27 REPLIES 27
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I had a white box which died, so I decided to buy a new black box.

The box will not complete its activation. I goto nowtv.com/tv and enter the code, I then enter my login details and just get a blank page. The activation does not complete.

I have tried multiple times on various different operating system/browser combinations and get the same result every time.

I have been on the 'live chat' 3 different times, which was no help at all because they were literally reading the help pages (which I had already read) back to me, and I actually had to ask one 'assistant' if she was a robot because her answers were so generically rigid.

The last 'helper' I chatted with sent me an email and told me to reply to the email if it didn't resolve in a day or two and they would sort it out. Needless to say it didn't resolve so I sent a reply. This reply seems to have been ignored and I am still left with a new black box that I can do nothing with.

Is there any way I can activate this box? I have tried literally everything I can think of... Hard reset the box itself, wired and wireless internet connection to box, reset the router. Nothing works.

I thought about setting up another account, but it wanted my bank card details so I'm not doing that.

Any ideas gratefully received, because I am literally pulling my hair out trying to get this thing activated!

Thanks, Norm.

Have you tried to do this using a 4G connection at all @Anonymous User It may be your internet blocking it out?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, I can't see my internet blocking it as I am with Sky fibre.

I will try to activate over 4g now and edit this post with the results, but I'm not holding out much hope...

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I can't see my internet blocking it as I am with Sky fibre.

I will try to activate over 4g now and edit this post with the results, but I'm not holding out much hope...

It's the only thing i can think of as of right now tbh @Anonymous User Please let me know how it goes anyway 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the same results with 4g. Short video demonstrating the problem.

I can only think there is a problem with the website, but if there was I would of expected to see/read many complaints of it not working.

It's got me stumped, and I'm a tech head who repairs electronic stuff... (lol)

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Unfortunately, the same results with 4g. Short video demonstrating the problem.

I can only think there is a problem with the website, but if there was I would of expected to see/read many complaints of it not working.

It's got me stumped, and I'm a tech head who repairs electronic stuff... (lol)

Sad times @Anonymous User Can you check to see if any errors appaers in the HTML Code when clicking the link and landing on the page. InChrome, do this

Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button at the top right side

• Open the Console. Go to the screen where you are experiencing the error. In Chrome, navigate to View > Developer > JavaScript Console or More Tools > JavaScript Console or press Ctrl + Shift + J.
  • Identify the Error. The error console will open. If you don't see any errors try reloading the page.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your continued assistance.

I was told by the live chat assistants that activation will 100% not work on Chrome and I must not use Chrome browser to activate Now TV. I tried both Firefox and IE on windows, Firefox on Linux, and Firefox Mobile on Android. I don't recall seeing any errors, but I will check again, and maybe try Chrome too... Perhaps it ONLY works on Chrome. Smiley Wink

I will do some tests and report back!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your continued assistance.

I was told by the live chat assistants that activation will 100% not work on Chrome and I must not use Chrome browser to activate Now TV. I tried both Firefox and IE on windows, Firefox on Linux, and Firefox Mobile on Android. I don't recall seeing any errors, but I will check again, and maybe try Chrome too... Perhaps it ONLY works on Chrome. Smiley Wink

I will do some tests and report back!

It would be weird if it only worked on chrome tbh but hey it's worth trying at lesast 🙂 Thanks for the continued and detailed replies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, it appears the problem IS with the website. It threw up 17 errors in the console. mostly security related, the page seems to be blocking itself from loading some elements.

So, need to contact the web team and get them to look into it... Do you have contact details for them?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you mention console are you using your web browser on your games console when attempting to activate the code on nowtv website ?

If so, have you tried an internet browser on your smart phone or PC instead ?

Obviously ignore my post if you have already tried various devices when attempting to activate the code and nothing seems to work.