cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both of my now tv boxs isnt working can someone please help

Hi can any one help please i haven't use them for a while but both was working when last used. 

I turned them both on today and been trying to get them to work the for last 4 hours . It starts up with the now tv purple screen with the now tv logo then blank black screen but then keeps turning it's self on and off and wont let me go any further. 

I have tried new HDMI cable and turning on and off  tried different tv's and restarting the internet and also restarting  one of the boxes but still the same thing am I the only one with this issue or are there others? Or am I just out of luck and have to buy a new one. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated thank you for reading.

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Sharon

What I'm going to pass on is more for the future than curing your present problem, you said, "I haven't use them (the black boxes) for a while but both was working when last used". 

Well, how long is "for a while"?  You see, if some electrical equipment are left off for more than a month or two, i.e. no electrical current going through them, small amounts of moisture will build up inside them and cause something to go wrong.

To avoid this problem I would suggest that, in future, you switch on your boxes for 15 minutes once a week, this should drive out any moisture build up before something goes wrong.

I advice the above because a few years back I had put my smartphone in a drawer and left it there for about 6 months, when I eventually retrieved and switch it on it no longer worked.  Luckily for me it was still under guarantee and I got it repaired.

UK Bob