cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both of my now tv boxs isnt working can someone please help

Hi can any one help please i haven't use them for a while but both was working when last used. 

I turned them both on today and been trying to get them to work the for last 4 hours . It starts up with the now tv purple screen with the now tv logo then blank black screen but then keeps turning it's self on and off and wont let me go any further. 

I have tried new HDMI cable and turning on and off  tried different tv's and restarting the internet and also restarting  one of the boxes but still the same thing am I the only one with this issue or are there others? Or am I just out of luck and have to buy a new one. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated thank you for reading.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if a factory reset sorts it out.

If you have the white or black nowtv box, when your box is switched on push and hold a small pin in the reset hole at the rear of the box for about 30 seconds.

Should you factory reset the box you will have to setup the box again from scratch by re entering your wifi network and nowtv account details on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for replying I done this earlier   and still no joy 😞  and still the same issue 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought a full factory reset would have resloved it.

I am not sure if you can access the hidden secret menu when your box is showing the symptoms that you have described, but see if you can access the hidden menu by following these instructions below and update the software on the box (i doubt you will gain access but worth a go).

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Also are you using two black boxes or two white boxes, then if so have you tried both power supply adapters with them just in case one is faulty.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you also tried switching off the power to both your router and nowtv box ?

Then reboot the router first give it time to go through its startup process (say 5 minutes) then switch back on the power to the nowtv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello yep I tried that earlier on this afternoon. I went through all the trouble shooting. Thank you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello I also tried this  a few hours ago and it didn't work. I have tried most of the trouble shooting from the advice page. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you 

Matty999
Scholar

Have you tried new batteries in the remote control?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep replaced both remote control batteries earlier on today thank you.