cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Blurry/Pixelated Sky Sports - Official Complaint Raised

I would like to raise a complaint also, as I have been trying to sort out the same problem for 4 months now.  I dont know where to write or email, can you let me know?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

I too have issues with blurred screen, especially bad with sky subscription channels......it’s like buying poor quality pirate dvds at an expensive rate 😡😡. I also have connection problems at times but nothing is as frustrating as paying to watch a game or film and constantly switching from good to blurred an unwatchable every 5-10 mins. Not impressed at all. They must be aware they have this problem as I’m seeing so many similar complaints. I won’t subscribe again simply because of this issue.....it’s a shame.

Highlighted
Advocate

I have suffered the same thing with a new (3-week-old) Now stick, and 6-month sports subscription with 1080p add-on.  For unpopular events the quality is usually OK.  But as soon as a very popular event happens - eg Spurs-Chelsea yesterday, the quality gets variable then unwatchable.  Re-booting sometimes improves things for a time, but then the problems re-surface.  But when the match ended, and ads came on ... suddenly good stream again.  I was also fobbed off with nearly two hours of useless chat advice - including being disconnected while entering the crazy complicated BT password for my internet, and being escalated to a technician who frankly didn't seem more technically on the ball than the first person.  I was told at one stage I needed to buy a new stick.  No advice was any help at all.  Of course I didn't see much of the match either.

My internet is stable 50 to 55MB, and no other streams suffer from any problem.  At the time of these problems there were no other things using the internet apart from the PC I was chatting to Now on. I have stopped using the TV USB for power, and use the mains USB lead.  I have done hard resets and updates on the TV and stick.

No answer was given why the quality deteriorates during popular events.  After the two hours of chat I had to stop.  An email was sent which said the technician was pleased that quality had been restored (because I said it was OK in the ad break!) and offering me a free one day pass.

This is not good enough by a long way.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I also think NOW TV should offer refunds while this issue persists as SKY Sports isn't cheap.

I got a replacement week pass when it happened to me.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

same problem when amazon put on football no problem at all i have cancelled my subscription thanks for your work cheers

0 Thanks