cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuwlam
Mentor

Re: Blurred picture on sky sports

Hi everyone. Last Sunday I spent about an hour on live chat “ negotiating” a refund. Eventually after an initial offer of a voucher for 1 month they agreed to give me vouchers for 2 months of Sports since we’ve been affected for weeks already and a fix is promised in mid November. HOWEVER, we should NOT have to do this! Now TV should a) have informed all customers proactively about this issue and b) offered automatic credit to anyone affected. This would have satisfied most people. 

Instread of this they've dished out some if some of the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. Shame on you Now TV! 

Where is the response from a customer service manager on this thread? Hello??

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Stuwlam i think we should all be compensated with free sky sports month passes,me and a whole load of other customers have been suffering the same issue for ages,ive posted on other threads on community,£33.99 a month for this ongoing rubbish,im using the smart box on a wired connection,the link for live chat?

Stuwlam
Mentor

Totally agree!!
Nick8873
Advocate

I'm am absolutely fumming I've emailed nowtv 4 times this week no response everytime i try a live chat halfway through it cuts off I'm a massive fan of F1 and haven't missed a live race in 25 years it was only by luck channel 4 showed last week's race live after wasting a sky sports pass which is unwatchable if I'd known these problems I'd of kept my talk talk TV with sky sports package on top but trying to save money for xmas i feel very let down and ripped off by nowtv why do they advertise these extras knowing there's a big issue does anyone know of any other way i can watch F1 

Nick

0 Thanks
Quinn23
Mentor

Just sent a snot o gram to Mahesh at NOWTV, who wanted me to do all the checks and was asking about tv and box type. I basically said for him to stop making excuses and wasting time and to take note of these threads as clearly broadband width, tv, boxtype etc is not the issue here. 

They are the issue!!!

I was hoping to paste a screenshot of the email I sent, but this app is also bloody ###### and about as user friendly as the NOWTV personnel!!!

Will be switching to Sky if not sorted asap!! I'd rather pay more and actually be able to view the content!!

keigreg63
Advocate

Exactly my views if it wasn't for channel 4 the now tv box would have gone
out the window on the end of my boot.
ukbobboy
Champion

@Quinn23

Hey Q

Snot o gram????, way to let off steam.

Letting off Steam01.jpg

You know that "Mahesh" is probably some guy in the Philippine working for a third party outsourced helpdesk company, chances are he'll never see your SoG

Still, it's possible that someone will get your message coz' nothing gets attention like threatening to take your custom elsewhere.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Quinn23
Mentor

A sense of togetherness resonated when I received such a positive response from you Sir.
Also, so delightfully encouraging that, whilst the rest of us are actually bothering to try and do something about the problem, others (like yourself) would simply like to mock, rather than offer any assistance themselves.
Such a wonderful world we now live in.
Best wishes,
Q
ukbobboy
Champion

@Quinn23

Sorry Q

I did not mean for you to take my (hopefully) lighthearted post seriously, it's just that this forum has been filled with so much doom and gloom lately, i.e. just depressing.

I know IT problems can seem intractable, especially when it seems that you cannot get any technical support, but as I hinted at in the last part of my previous post you have to withdraw your financial support to get attention.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
LesleyC
Mentor

We've also been having these problems for a couple of months, tried all the troubleshooting etc. We stopped subscribing to Sky years ago for many reasons and I'm quite happy using Freeview and a PVR....the only thing I really missed was Formula 1 so, with gritted teeth, I bought a Now TV box and pay to watch the races which aren't live on Ch4 - we pay for a week pass so that it covers qualifying as well as the race.

Just paid £12.99 for another week pass to find the same poor quality pictures, picture totally blurred or dropping out altogether whilst watching P3. Is this a ploy to get everyone to subscribe to the full Sky package??

I will NOT return to Sky and will no longer pay for any passes to watch F1, I will stick with Ch4 .

0 Thanks