Harry16
Scholar

Blurred picture on sky sports

COME ON NOW TV SORT THIS OUT

76 REPLIES 76
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony d now tv on page 3,

Guys we have a found a problem within the Roku Hardware when encoding live sports. We are looking to push a permanent fix for the blurred/poor quality problems by Nov 15th but this problem can be sometimes temp fixed by doing basic troubleshooting for slow speeds (even though your wifi connection is grand enough)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So Tony-D will I be getting a refund for a month's worth of blurred Sky Sports making me miss United v Chelsea and other stuff because of unwatchable picture?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

So Tony-D will I be getting a refund for a month's worth of blurred Sky Sports making me miss United v Chelsea and other stuff because of unwatchable picture?

Hi lads, as with any issue i reckon hitting our Live Chat team and explaining the issue AFTER it is fixed you may be entitled to some form of compensation. This was the protocol in the past so i'm sure it hasn't changed. I'm just glad it's getting sorted now tbh. I've been monitoring this thread dying to provide an update but i had none until we deteced a signifficant issue in Roku encoding.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone. Last Sunday I spent about an hour on live chat “ negotiating” a refund. Eventually after an initial offer of a voucher for 1 month they agreed to give me vouchers for 2 months of Sports since we’ve been affected for weeks already and a fix is promised in mid November. HOWEVER, we should NOT have to do this! Now TV should a) have informed all customers proactively about this issue and b) offered automatic credit to anyone affected. This would have satisfied most people. 

Instread of this they've dished out some if some of the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. Shame on you Now TV! 

Where is the response from a customer service manager on this thread? Hello??

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User i think we should all be compensated with free sky sports month passes,me and a whole load of other customers have been suffering the same issue for ages,ive posted on other threads on community,£33.99 a month for this ongoing rubbish,im using the smart box on a wired connection,the link for live chat?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Totally agree!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm am absolutely fumming I've emailed nowtv 4 times this week no response everytime i try a live chat halfway through it cuts off I'm a massive fan of F1 and haven't missed a live race in 25 years it was only by luck channel 4 showed last week's race live after wasting a sky sports pass which is unwatchable if I'd known these problems I'd of kept my talk talk TV with sky sports package on top but trying to save money for xmas i feel very let down and ripped off by nowtv why do they advertise these extras knowing there's a big issue does anyone know of any other way i can watch F1 

Nick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just sent a snot o gram to Mahesh at NOWTV, who wanted me to do all the checks and was asking about tv and box type. I basically said for him to stop making excuses and wasting time and to take note of these threads as clearly broadband width, tv, boxtype etc is not the issue here. 

They are the issue!!!

I was hoping to paste a screenshot of the email I sent, but this app is also bloody ###### and about as user friendly as the NOWTV personnel!!!

Will be switching to Sky if not sorted asap!! I'd rather pay more and actually be able to view the content!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hey Q

Snot o gram????, way to let off steam.

Letting off Steam01.jpg

You know that "Mahesh" is probably some guy in the Philippine working for a third party outsourced helpdesk company, chances are he'll never see your SoG

Still, it's possible that someone will get your message coz' nothing gets attention like threatening to take your custom elsewhere.

UK Bob