Scholar

Blurred picture on sky sports

COME ON NOW TV SORT THIS OUT

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
First4IT
Mentor

Re: Blurred picture on sky sports

Absolutely, I have a perfect and stable 46MB wired connection. All other channels are rock solid but Sky Sports runs for about 20 mins and gradually degrades to unwatchable.

NowTV stop fobbing off customers with the usual check your broadband speed, cabling and other nonsense. I am an IT consultant and not an idiot. Either your stream or NowTV box is at fault - now look into it and fix it or I am leaving 

View solution in original post

63 Replies
First4IT
Mentor

Absolutely, I have a perfect and stable 46MB wired connection. All other channels are rock solid but Sky Sports runs for about 20 mins and gradually degrades to unwatchable.

NowTV stop fobbing off customers with the usual check your broadband speed, cabling and other nonsense. I am an IT consultant and not an idiot. Either your stream or NowTV box is at fault - now look into it and fix it or I am leaving 

View solution in original post

maclin232
Mentor

it says solved, how is this solved????

Sve1nsson
Scholar

They have not solved anything! Live TV (Movies, Sports or Entertainment) just goes in and out or is in constant blurr. I know of 10+ people that I know personally that have NowTv that have the same issues and nothing is being done and nothing is solved.

johnalbwertg
Advocate

I am also gettiig blurred pictures on sky sports. This started after my fruitless attemps to buy the World Heavyweigt transmission. IS it Nowtv's subtle way of telling you that you have been logged in too long.? I've complained and as yet have not received acknowledge nor solution.

Mark41
Mentor

Fully agree with this post, I have exactly the same issue with Sky Sports on a connection which streams rock solidly all other streams (even the sky movies and entertainment channels). It is not either a live channel issue as my connection streams such as BBC live channels from the I-player without issue. When it works, the 720p definition is actually fine for me, I don't need full HD (or 4K) but put simply there is a specific problem with sky sports.  I have noticed that when it becomes unwatchable on my larger tv, it is still perfect quality on my (smaller) tablet which makes me think it could be a frame rate issue (not fast enough for bigger screens)?  Whatever the reason is, I do not believe that NowTV/Sky are not aware of the issue or that they are not capable of fixing it, which begs the question why aren't they??

duncanb123
Advocate

I had an online chat with them about this. They told me they had determined my internet speed was fluctuating and that was the cause, then strangely the chat disconnected. Would be very curious to know if they can determine my speed from BT but suspect it was simply a lie.

In the expectation this does not improve the only option is to contact the bank and in my case submit a debit card dispute, yes most if not all banks offer this service when you pay via a debit card and the goods/services are not as described

Malc13
Advocate

I have three NOW boxes, two with wired connections from Devolo homeplugs. The Devolo software shows an adequate speed. When the picture blurs it never recovers while switched on but, if I try the other box, on another tv, it invariably works fine. So, it is not the connection. So explain the issue and fix it.

keigreg63
Advocate

I have the same problem, i have a wired connection and good speed but can not watch sky sports as the same 20 minutes or less it becomes totaly unwatchable,everything else works fine i player etc, i changed the HDMI  and ethernet cables just to make sure it was not me.

After spending half an hour on hold to speak to somebody all they could come up with was to go on the community forum and see what you could find out.lol Customer service at its very best.!!!!

Canaries02

Hi, I have been experiencing this recently as well. Not really a solution but note that the picture improves when I turn it off..... By removing the power jack. Then leave it a couple of minutes and start it up again.. (I wonder if it gets too hot?)