cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blue screen flashes

After the software update the blue screen flashes are getting so bad watching anything is pointless as the loss of picture blue screen flash gets so annoying that my subscription is being cancelled as this is not as advertised and not up to the standard the only way to get this problem fixed is to stop paying on mass then it would be fixed fast 

30 REPLIES 30
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you temporarily tried forcing 720p under the Display settings on your box to see if that stops the intermittent blue flashing screen until NowTV fixes the issue.

I don't know if forcing 720p on the box will help or not, but worth a try if you haven't tried it already.

BTW - A cracking TV you have there 👍, would love to own an OLED TV (especially a Panasonic) but the prices are still outside my financial reach 😢.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for advice. I will give it a try.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

We're sorry that you're experiencing this issue, our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

To help our teams with the investigation can we ask you to provide the following infomation:

1. Content details (name of film or series and episode number)
  2. Device type and serial number (Black box, Stick, Smart box with blue now tv logo, Smart 4k box with pink now tv logo)
  3. Television make and model, power cable used, being used with bundled HDMI lead etc
  4. Time the issue was seen to the closest hour
  • If possible, upload a video of the blue screen appearing with your reply

Thanks

Simon 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Simon

The problem first occurred following the fairly recent change NOWtv made to the format of the Homepage.

The problem happens when watching different series such as FBI and The Movies documentaries. The device is a Black box model no. 4201 and serial no. 842714009800 using the supplied HDMI cable to my tv. The tv is a Panasonic OLED model no. TX-55FZ802B, and is used with the supplied power cable.

I found that when I did a factory reset on the box (and made the Display setting 1080p) this stopped the problem on the next occasion I used it but it returned after further uses. I then changed the display setting a couple of days ago to 720p (as suggested by one of the Community) and again this stopped the problem on the next use. However, the problem returned again yesterday and I changed the Display setting to Auto, (which then set itself to 1080p) and this has stopped the problem presently. I don't hold out much hope that the issue will not return again though.

When the picture flashes with a blank blue screen momentarily it always does it every 60 seconds when watching a series. It doesn't seem to happen when I am only looking through my Homepage though. I use the box during the evening between approx. 8pm - 10.30pm.

Hope this helps, and I look forward to a permanent and early resolution of this problem which seems to be affecting many others also.

Regards

Frank Normand
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976

Thanks for that, though it would still be interesting what TV make and model forum members are using and any other relevant information to see if there is a common denominator (apart from NowTV).

My Panasonic 4K television always seemed to get the HDCP error message for a split second when ever NowTV pushed out a new software version.

Where I have reported the problem over the years to NowTV. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps someone did mention they're using a 'non-smart' TV so I'm wondering if it's the NowTV devices screen settings. It's been a while since I set my boxes up but they're both set to auto detect. That would also bring 'boost' into the equation and whether people are trying to output 1080i when only 720p is available to them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this blue flashing screen since the upgrade. It disappears for a while you unplug it then plug it back in, but then returns.

It lasts 1-2 seconds and is very annoying!

I have a Panasonic Smart TV too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are now getting this, Sony TV and using a box. Its driving us mad its  needs sorting ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. My tv is an LG and I have a now tv black box. The screen keeps turning blue when I’m watching! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

also getting the very annoying blue screen both fir short and long periods, the update has caused this as no issue previously.

also hate the new screen layout can’t find anything, takes ages to find anything, looses the last episode I watched, all in all not a great setup.

I considered upgrading to the stick but haven’t got it for two reasons

1) I shouldn’t have to replace tech because of a software update

2) how do I know it won’t be the same?

So Now TV do what I pay for along with my subscriptions and fix the problem, it’s clearly been caused by your upgrade. 

I don’t need to add pictures or record the problem you know it exists, just fix it please.