cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blue screen flashes

After the software update the blue screen flashes are getting so bad watching anything is pointless as the loss of picture blue screen flash gets so annoying that my subscription is being cancelled as this is not as advertised and not up to the standard the only way to get this problem fixed is to stop paying on mass then it would be fixed fast 

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes im having the same issue on my now tv black box. the blue screen comes on whenever im watching live films. any film any channel. it also lasts for 10 seconds. this needs to be sorted or they need to send out free replacements!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this issue too! Has anyone spoken to Nowtv about it? Is there a solution? If not I'm cancelling!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User there is already a long thread on the subject which a member of NowTV staff has engaged with. They are aware of the problem but are struggling to identify it as only a small number of people are experiencing the issue. I own 2 black boxes and both work fine.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/blue-screen-intermittently-during-a-program/td-p/537026

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It would be interesting to find out what make and model televisions are effected with this blue screen glitch. 

So far only one person has come back with the information and mentioned Panasonic. 

I doubt its related, but at least NowTV can cross off a conflict HDMI issue with one particular brand with their products. 

I haven't had time yet to check my Panasonic TV's with the NowTV boxes or Stick, but my Philips TV isn't exhibiting any intermittent blue screen glitch. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps having followed the other thread it's getting a little frustrating with the lack of information to work with.

Someone in that thread mentioned that the blue screen is the same as the NowTV background so I'd discount a handshake issue as you'd get the TV's default background (black or blue).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have samsung smart tv and have now tv smart stck iam olso getting blue screen flashing and olso

unknowen page error for last 4 weeks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am also getting the Unknown page Error screen message which is a more common problem reported by us customers and Nowtv are fully aware of it and reading their Twitter feed are in the process of pushing out a fix.

Where the intermittent blue screen flashing doesn't appear to be effecting everybody (unless not everybody is reporting it) and I would guess its more difficult for NowTV to pin down. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976

I am not going to second guess anymore and leave it to the NowTV Tech bods to identify and resolve.

Like you mentioned the more information the forum members with the blue screen flashing can provide the quicker NowTV can see if there is a pattern and hopefully fix it ASAP. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem since NOW tv software update. I have a NOW tv Black box and my tv is a Panasonic OLED. I have done a factory reset on the Black box which cured the problem for a while but it has returned. It occurs every 60 seconds with a momentary blue screen - audio is unaffected.