cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blank screen

Hi, i have been using the now tv black box for a while now with no issues. But i have recently brought a new 4k tv, the first time i have used one. While watching programmes, tv series, kids programs etc all is fine, but when we watch a film either on now tv or sky store after a few minutes the screen goes blank, there is still sound but no picture. The only way to get picture back is to change channels and then back again. But its not long before the screen goes blank again.

I have tried all 3 hdmi channels, i have also swapped hdmi leads, but the problem continues. I have a dvd player and a ps4 plugged into the tv, neither of which have this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? 

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Go into settings/ go to to screensaver And Disable Screensaver you will see 1 minutes 5 minutes 10 minutes 30minutes Go to Disable And turn it off 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

• Hello nowtv customers just go to settings on your nowtv stick/ box / and turn off screensaver moves then won't turn off 
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Why are you repeatedly replying to postings not only made two or more years ago, but made by people who have now left (hence Anonymous User)?

Today’s posters’ problems are much more pressing, and much more rewarding to help with 😀

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello RoyB I didn't realize/ or had time to read it.date/  But I Know you receive my message about nowtv did you do what I told you to do to switch off screensaver on settings on nowtv  

Gwatch
Mentor

Anybody now having the same problem with the app on roku, it is now doing the same screens aver problem, but there is no TV screensaver option in the app, just to confirm it is the now app screen saver showing, not the roku one.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Why would I do that? I am not any of the posters having the problem you describe. 🙄🤔

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, it's move.. Have A Great Day.