cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blank screen

Hi, i have been using the now tv black box for a while now with no issues. But i have recently brought a new 4k tv, the first time i have used one. While watching programmes, tv series, kids programs etc all is fine, but when we watch a film either on now tv or sky store after a few minutes the screen goes blank, there is still sound but no picture. The only way to get picture back is to change channels and then back again. But its not long before the screen goes blank again.

I have tried all 3 hdmi channels, i have also swapped hdmi leads, but the problem continues. I have a dvd player and a ps4 plugged into the tv, neither of which have this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? 

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem let me no if you get sorted please. Very frustrating 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you solve the issue? I've tried always today. I thought there was a fault with my tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No luck here, I'm convinced its the box and not the tv. I'm reluctant to pay out for a new box. Luckily it is only happening on films which we don't watch that often. Very irritating though...
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Strange that it's only happening whilst watching with your cinema pass.

Have you got any other nowtv passes and if so does the screen go blank ?

When you say screen goes blank, does the picture stay blank all through the movie or only when starting the film.

Are you using a standard black box, smart box with the Freeview Tuner or new 4K smart box.

If you have the 4K smart box, try going into the Advanced System settings and disable Auto refresh frame rate.

If your other nowtv passes play fine, then i don't think it's a HDMI conflict between the box and your new 4K television.

Sounds more like a software or movie content issue on nowtv side of things. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, using a standard black box,we use entertainment and kids passes, they are both fine, its only happening on cinema and on the sky store app! It usually happens about 10/15 mins in, the screen goes blank but the sound is still there
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello just go to settings on your nowtv stick on box and turn off screensaver your nowtv screen won't go Black anymore 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all you have to do is turn it off/ how /answer on your nowtv go to settings then go to Disable screensaver and turn it off your moves then will be all right 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok go to settings on your nowtv then go to Disable Screensaver and turn it off 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that there is a HDMI conflict between the nowtv box and your new 4K TV where they don't want to play nicely together especially if the nowtv box worked on your older TV.

Firstly i would double check again if the nowtv box still works on another TV in the house just to make sure that it hasn't inherented a HDMI temperamental fault since you upgraded your television.

If the existing nowtv box plays nicely over HDMI with a different television, then i can only suggest some basic stuff to try, such has try playing around the Display 720p and 1080p setting in the box menu, try a forced software update on the box by pressing Home button 5 times, then quickly press the FF button 3 times, then quickly press the RW button 2 times.

Should none of the above work, then see if there is any HDMI & HDCP options in your 4K television that you can change.

If still no joy, then last resort try a full factory reset in the nowtv box menu settings which may or may not work with regards to the HDMI loss of picture when using the nowtv box.