cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box in reboot loop

I purchased a black Now TV box in April. It's occasionally become unresponsive, but switching it off at the mains has always fixed it. Today, I went to switch it on and found that it's stuck in a loop of starting up, trying to connect, and then rebooting itself. I did a hard reset, and now I get as far as the screen to enter my WiFi password, but then it reboots itself again before I can enter the password. I've tried unplugging from the mains, unplugging the hdmi cable, but nothing seems to get it out of this loop.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be an issue for lots of people. There are now a few people reporting this issue
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been speaking to support, here's a transcript:

End

Rakesh: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Rakesh. How can I help?

Me: Hi

Me: As of about 30 minutes ago all of the nowtv boxes in my house have started to constantly restart over and over

Rakesh: Hi, sorry for the issue you're facing. I'll give you an update on this.

Me: I've tried a full reset on one but I can't even log into my wifi before it restarts.

Rakesh: Give me your full name and email.

Me: Thank you

Me: xxxxxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rakesh: xxxxxxx, we're currently running a scheduled maintenance for NOW TV Box and will finish by 8 PM. This is to improve the quality of service and viewer experience.

Me: No problem, I assume they will start working again after that?

Rakesh: Yes, that's right.

Rakesh: Meanwhile, you can watch NOW TV on other supported devices: http://help.nowtv.com.article/Supported-devices

Me: No problem, thank you, by the way the message on your webpage states that boxes should continue to work while the maintenance takes place, it may be worth updating this.

Rakesh: Yes, that's right. The existing NOW TV Boxes were not to be affected, but for some reason, even those users are experiencing an issue.

Rakesh: I've highlighted this to the technical team and should receive an update on same very soon.

Me: No problem, thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Brilliant, thanks for the info! Hopefully it'll be working again after 8pm, then!

@schnapps

I'm not sure the hard reset is anything to do with it. It was already looping before that, and the only advice I found in the forum was to do a hard reset so I thought that might help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
All I've done is switch mine on and I'm also affected. I think Now TV need to put out a new announcement, clearly a lot of customers can't continue watching on boxes as normal, and 8pm is sometime off.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

There is scheduled maintenance going on at the moment that will effect NOW TV Boxes.

If your NOW TV Box is already setup and running then you will be able to use this as normal to view.

However if you carry out a reset this will wipe everything from the box back to factory settings and you will not be able to use your box until maintenance has been completed and you can register your box again.

The maintenance will be complete by 19.00 appropriately.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm afraid that information is incorrect, I have 4 boxes in my home, all are stuck in a restart loop but all have been working for some time previous to that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting me know.

Are they black or white NOW TV Boxes ?

Were they on Standby Mode or were they powered off at mains and then you switched them on ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User They are Black units, one was actively being watched at the time, the others were in standby mode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So the box that was being watched @Anonymous User, did it just reboot and go into this loop ?