cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Black box forgets my Now TV login details

Every so often (once a week or so) my black Now TV box forgets my login details and I have to re-enter them to watch Now TV.  This almost never happened with my white box.

Does anyone else get this?  Is there a fix?

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a shame this happens as I regularly switch off all plugs (at least once a day) and let's face it we're always being told its not energy efficient to items on standby anyway

I have pets so if am out for a while I unplug the tv etc for safety

This is so blooming annoying having to fiddle about with a tiny thing and just using my thumb to sign in again each time (and then not being able to find my distance glasses to peer at the screen to do it) - would be easier if I could sign in using my laptop as then I can use the keyboard properly and no different from signing in here each time

If this is always going to be the case I may well change my username and password to something simple (mine are currently long) but that means its a greater security risk too to do so so we can't win really - isn't technology meant to make life easier

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had this 3 or 4 times too. My black box does get powered OFF overnight. Mostly it has been ok. At present though the black box tells me that my password and/or user name are incorrect so I can't use it. This is unacceptable because I've got a one week pass loaded. Obviously I do know my correct login details because I'm on here posting this now. I'll try a reset before Sky suggest it, but I'll still need some recompense from Sky for lost viewing time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

I have worked out a fix for my box when it forgets log in details. Simply leave the now TV app then re-open the app and you'll be working again! Must simply be a bug with the software.

Be sure to let me know if you find this doesn't fix the box

Thanks!

Conor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember I am NOT now TV staff I'm simply a paying customer like you.

Please leave me a thanks or an accepted solution if I have helped you resolve your issue 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about that 😞

Have you been able to view after you posted here?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Legend 5
Legend 5

After reading this thought I would check mine. So turned it off for a short while at the wall whilst I was doing something else. Put it back on. Light on box flashed a few times before it woke up. Took me straight to home page. Clicked the Now logo got straight in.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.