cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Box rebooting

Hi

Since last night I have two separate boxes freezing and rebooting. 

This morning they are just stuck on the Now TV splash screen. 

I've tried unplugging and also resetting with a pin but can't even get past this splash screen to do anything else. 

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you pushed and kept holding in the pin for about 30 seconds in the small reset hole on the back of the older nowtv box did you leave the box switched on and left your television powered up on the correct HDMI channel ?

Normally when you hold in the pin for around 30 seconds your TV screen whilst holding in the pin will change with the Lets Get Started Message where you need to setup the box again from scratch.

If that doesn't work you could try pressing the Home Button 5 times quickly followed by pressing the FF button 3 times, quickly followed by pressing the RW button 2 times on the remote to access the secret screen to reach the factory reset option.

Though i doubt the box will allow you access to the secret menu whilst the box is in a continuous reboot loop that you seem to be encountering. 

Strange both boxes are encountering a problem at the same time, where i am guessing you have tried rebooting your Router.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.

Trying this now with the original box first and then I'll try the second.

I'll post back with results later.

Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Seems you are not alone with this problem reading this thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Roku-nowtv-problems/m-p/511929#M13921 

Perhaps after you have updated the box, go into the box settings under System > About and post back the software version number.

I don't know what's the latest version on the older black boxes, but my NowTV 4K box is  running 9.0.3 build 4114-68.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated software on first box successfully.

Same problem after 10 minute of watching.

I'll try the second now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just updated software on 2nd box.

Software version: 9.0.3

Build: 4113

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2nd box doing the same.

I've read the other thread and it appears to be happening to others also.

Not sure what to do next other than hope that Now TV are aware and an update may be forthcoming.

Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

All i can do is to tag the NowTV Community Forum Manager @Karl-F and when he his hopefully back in the office on Monday or early part of next week he can then pass this information onto his Technical Dept to investigate this further and hopefully get back to you with a fix.

I have just dusted the cobwebs of my old nowtv black box and checked the latest software version on the box (after i forced an update on it) which like you is currently running 9.0.3 build 4113.

Played a couple of YouTube videos which seemed to play fine, then navigated around the NowTV App for about a minute (box not currently registered as one on my six devices), then when i pressed the Home button on the remote the screen locked up on me and i am stuck on a blue screen with the NowTV pink logo top left hand corner, roku powered and options displayed on the top right of the screen and nothing else showing.

So it appears to me there is something not quite right with the older nowtv black box and the current software from my quick test.

I could reboot the box by temporary disconnecting the power, but if this happens regularly then it  needs investigating by the NowTV Tech Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all your help.

Sorry I'm a bit of an old timer and not sure how to 'tag' the person you suggested but hopefully this will be drawn to their attention in some way.

Thank you again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hiya as I've mentioned I'm not any good at technology & I've have some
disabilities. However I tried everything to get my black box working & the
only thing that "worked for me" was to remove the black pin at the back of
the black box & keep doing this in & out quickly until it connects. Good
luck.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I posted on the other thread, still having problems with all 3 boxes, all freezing then stuck on start up screen. Have factory reset all boxes and still the same issues. I have to unplug for a few minutes and plug back in and then they work again. Even rebooted my modem and settings.  Software running is 

Software version: 9.0.3 Build: 4113 on all 3 boxes.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Karl-F 

Seems like a couple of Roku 3 owners which the older nowtv black box hardware is based on are encountering the same exact issue, where their devices are in a continuous boot up loop. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Legacy-Products/Stuck-on-Roku-load-screen/td-p/520873