cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Box Upgrade

Hi

Is there any offer for current customers on the white box who want to upgrade to a black box?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reply. £14.99 may sound cheap as chips if you're working but not so if you're on benefits. I'm disabled and rarely go out. I'd go spare without tv entertainment or catch-up on iplayer. I can't afford any of the other SKY packages either. I'm struggling with my monthly bill as it is. I got transferred to the Free Evenings and Weekend rate - the only reason I have a phone line apart from wifi is that I have a Telecare emergency system. I can't find or get through to the chat to get the calls taken off - it's always busy. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

I sympathise with your position, but unfortunately as already mentioned once the boxes are out of warranty you wouldn't be entitled to a repair or replacement. However, if it's the entertainment pass you like watching, you can buy a new black box that comes with a 3 month entertainment pass for £18.99 from Amazon. This works out cheaper than just paying for the 3 months of entertainment on its own. Currys and Argos also do the same for £19.99 (free delivery from Currys).

Hopefully that might be a solution for you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B013SGATVC/

ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Forum Members

It is very unfortunate when a user finds that £15.00 is outside of their budget but, as both @Anonymous User and @kingofscotland  alluded to, the tech world is constantly moving at a fast pace and nothing last forever (and in the tech world, not even six months).  It just that when decisions are made to drop support for a product you have barely taken out of the wrapper in favour a similar product with a faster CPU, or some such, the needs of less fortunate users are not part of the decisions making processes.

And unfortunately, I have personally have experience of being at the wrong side of the decision making process, i.e. I bought a NAS in December 2012, which I am currently using as my media server, the machine is solidly built and is a great piece of engineering.  The only problem is that the firmware/software is incomplete, it does not stop the NAS from being used but when you have to dig deep into the user controls (I have found that) what should be there is not, the makers abandoned support before completing all the deeper necessary functions.

You see, I am not the only one that has been caught short, my guess is that as technology continues to get churned at an ever increasing pace more and more of us will end up with working but unsupported IT equipment.

UK Bob

Sorry guys, I did not mean to do any soap boxing       

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So if a poor hard up user is paying 9.99 a month for his old white box and then spends his hard earned cash on a new black box, does the payment stay the same with the same direct  debit ?  Or do I have to register the new black box with now tv, and end up paying for the old white one and the new one,

remembering  there is no one at now tv to talk to about it

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Gergie

You asked, "So if a poor hard up user is paying 9.99 a month for his old white box and then spends his hard earned cash on a new black box, does the payment stay the same with the same direct  debit?". 

Gergie, the answer is YES, you do not have to pay anything else other than buy your new black box. You see, you are not paying £9.99 to use your white box, you are paying your money to have your Now TV subscription account.  So you can use your new black box, by using your current Now TV login details and that will be that.

Now, I say all the above because I too had a white box and when that died I replaced it with a black box, everything on my Now TV account stayed the same.

Enjoy your new black box without having to worry.

UK Bob