cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC SPORT not playing video at all

I've only just been interested in BBC Sport so its the first time I've tried.

My NOWTV box 2400sk (white) and 4200SK (black) both have the same problem.

App loads then select a video to watch...

White circle goes round and round and .... error 02001

"Something went wrong loading this program"

I've disconnected and reconnected the mains wire.

Removed and added back the BBC Sport app.

Still not working on either!

Is it me or the BBC?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I'm also experiencing the same issue on Roku and black NOW TV Box but it works fine on NOW TV Smart Box which is why @schnapps may be thinking it is an issue with your broadband. However I can confirm I've done the all the usual steps normally done for Troubleshoting broadband connections including forcing a new IP so I'm pretty sure this needs addressing at BBC's end.

Ive contacted BBC to inform them but it would be good if others affected could do likewise to ensure it gets looked at. You can fill in the form for BBC iPlayer here (but make sure you mention it is the separate BBC Sports app causing the issue)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/contact?mid=troubleshooting&eid=contact-iplayer-support&pid=&pidTitle=

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart setup was already disabled.

I've tried turning the router on and off already.

Every other video works on every other app (inc. BBC apps) so it cant be my end.

When you say NOWTV smart box, is it one of these?

IconBox_product-img-box.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No that picture is the standard black box (without the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner).

This picture below is the NowTV smart box, which should make no difference because the BBC Sports App should be on the same software version 2.0 build 80000016.

now_tv_new_box_3.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I'm also experiencing the same issue on Roku and black NOW TV Box but it works fine on NOW TV Smart Box which is why @schnapps may be thinking it is an issue with your broadband. However I can confirm I've done the all the usual steps normally done for Troubleshoting broadband connections including forcing a new IP so I'm pretty sure this needs addressing at BBC's end.

Ive contacted BBC to inform them but it would be good if others affected could do likewise to ensure it gets looked at. You can fill in the form for BBC iPlayer here (but make sure you mention it is the separate BBC Sports app causing the issue)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/contact?mid=troubleshooting&eid=contact-iplayer-support&pid=&pidTitle=

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As usual @Andy is absolutely right, i have just took out of the cupboard and dusted the cobwebs off the standard nowtv black box and like you are experiencing the BBC Sports App videos will now not play Smiley Sad

Noticed on the std black box that the software version seems to be a newer build of 80000020 when comparing against my smart box on build 80000016.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You mentioned in your previous post that you have BT Broadband, just wondering if you also have a YouView box under your BT Package or is it Broadband only ?

Where on my BT YouView box i have the BBC Sports App Smiley Happy  

Obviously ignore this post if you haven't got a YouView box, which you could use as an alternative option for watching the BBC Sports App videos on your TV set.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought it must be at BBC end as everything has been tried here!

I only have the NOWTV boxes but I notice the St Albans football game tomorrow is also on red button (what I was after!) so not too desperate now.

Many thanks to all, and reported to BBC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have noticed the BBC have updated the app to version 2.2 on the 13th of October in the App Store.I installed the new version but the app is still not showing videos.I reported the problem again via feedback .
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its now working - so must have been the beeb !

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Working for me too, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good response from beeb -

Thank you for contacting us at BBC iPlayer Support, apologies for the delay in our response to you.

Sorry to hear you've experienced issues with BBC Sport app failing to load on your Now TV box.

We raised this issue with our technical team to look into for you and I am pleased to confirm there was a manufacturer fix released for this issue on 21/10/2017.

We have also tested this issue and it is looking to be working fine now.