cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC SPORT not playing video at all

I've only just been interested in BBC Sport so its the first time I've tried.

My NOWTV box 2400sk (white) and 4200SK (black) both have the same problem.

App loads then select a video to watch...

White circle goes round and round and .... error 02001

"Something went wrong loading this program"

I've disconnected and reconnected the mains wire.

Removed and added back the BBC Sport app.

Still not working on either!

Is it me or the BBC?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I'm also experiencing the same issue on Roku and black NOW TV Box but it works fine on NOW TV Smart Box which is why @schnapps may be thinking it is an issue with your broadband. However I can confirm I've done the all the usual steps normally done for Troubleshoting broadband connections including forcing a new IP so I'm pretty sure this needs addressing at BBC's end.

Ive contacted BBC to inform them but it would be good if others affected could do likewise to ensure it gets looked at. You can fill in the form for BBC iPlayer here (but make sure you mention it is the separate BBC Sports app causing the issue)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/contact?mid=troubleshooting&eid=contact-iplayer-support&pid=&pidTitle=

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not working today either!

Has it ever worked for anyone or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I have just checked my NowTV box with the BBC Sport App which is working fine for me.

Not sure what the error code means, but for both boxes to have the same fault would suggest to me that it may be something relating to your Router.

Are you having any problems when using the other Apps from the NowTV box such has the BBC News App or the BBC IPlayer App etc.

Have you tried switching off your Router for say a minute and then reboot it back on again.

If that doesn't work, perhaps go into the NowTV box menu settings and try an update.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks.

i've gone to settings on the Nowtv box and checked for updates - they are all up to date.

BBC iplayer works fine - I use it all the time.

BBC News works fine too.

I've deleted the BBC Sports app and reinstalled, and did a factory reset of the box.

Neither radio commentary or TV video works on BBC Sport - text works ok though.

On my computer and android phone - I have no problem with BBC Sport - they use the same wifi router.

So, I'm a bit lost on this!

Any other ideas?

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

So you have tried rebooting your Router ?

There is only two other things i could suggest, but not sure they would work because the error code on the BBC Sport App is effecting both boxes.

Suppose there is no harm in trying them, using your nowtv black box if you press the Home button on the RC (5 times) then quickly press the FF >> (3 times) followed quickly pressing the RW << button (2 times) where a secret menu will appear and click on the forced software update option only (don't select any other option in the secret menu).

After the black nowtv box has completed the software update it should reload back to the homepage UI screen, then try the BBC Sport App again.

If that fails the only other thing i would try is a factory reset on the black NowTV box (see link guide below) where after factory resetting the box you will have to re enter all your username, password and network details again on the box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

Hopefully other helpful members will offer you some further guidance, should the above not work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks - but sadly nothing works!

I've forced a software update (although it said same version as one already loaded)

Did a factory reset - re entered passwords etc to get it going again

Switched off the router and then back on

Still no BBC Sport - so it must be a problem elsewhere

I'll have to watch on my PC - but I particularly wanted it working for a Saturday football game on TV.

Never mind, I've spent too long and tried everything - so just have to say it wont work for me!

Thanks for ideas though.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry about that, maybe worth double checking the BBC Sport App on your NowTV box again towards the end of the week, you never know the BBC Sport Video streams may have fixed themselves where there was a glitch somewhere on the delivery mechanism to your NowTV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not working on my black now tv box either but does work on my white box upstairs on the same network .
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working on black or white box

My ISP is btinternet maybe they are mucking it up

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am with BT and the BBC Sport App videos play fine on my NowTV smart box.

It's weird that both boxes are effected, where i still think that there is something on your Router blocking the videos on the BBC Sport App on your both boxes.

If you are using a BT Router, have you tried disabling the "smart setup" feature on the Router by following this help guide linked below.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Should you have no joy when switching off the smart setup feature, then maybe try switching the Router off at the power mains for about 25 to 30 minutes which will default your Router back to its automatic ISP settings.