cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Autoplay next episode?

I currently only have the Now TV entertainment pass on my PS4 but just wondered if the the Now TV box has the ability to autoplay the next episode of a series like Netflix does? This would be really handy for my daughter when she is watching some of the very short childrens programs like Peppa Pig. If it is possible I will get a box straight away.

Also is there anything else that the Now TV box can do that the PS4 app can't?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

On the NowTV black box there is no auto play feature for the next episode.

What happens is that when the show finishes (when the credits start to roll), a pop up box comes onto the screen bottom right hand side and asks if you wish to watch the next episode, which you need to click the ok button on the remote to start the next episode.

Unfortunately can't comment about the comparison on the two devices because i dont own a PlayStation. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

On the NowTV black box there is no auto play feature for the next episode.

What happens is that when the show finishes (when the credits start to roll), a pop up box comes onto the screen bottom right hand side and asks if you wish to watch the next episode, which you need to click the ok button on the remote to start the next episode.

Unfortunately can't comment about the comparison on the two devices because i dont own a PlayStation. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply. That doesn't sound too bad then so I think I will go and pick up a box after work. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you go for the NowTV black box, keep a lookout for the deals that Amazon, Currys, PCworld,Argos Tesco etc occasionally do with the free pass voucher included in the box.

Sometimes when there is a deal on with the retailers, you can for example pick up a NowTV box inc three months entertainment pass for around £15 and with the six months entertainment pass including box i have paid £20 previously in the past.

Bank Hoildays always seem to be a good time to pick up the boxes with the passes at a reduced price.

Also, i would imagine the little NowTV black box would be much quieter and consume less power than a PS4.

BTW - IMO the NowTV black box is a cracking little device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I have just reserved one at Argos for £19.99 with 3 months entertainment. Looking forward to trying it out. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What I don't understand is, I have 3 boxes, and all 3 of them USED to auto play.... We did just as the other poster described, by putting on kids TV shows and they would run until the kids fell asleep or until their tv timer kicked in, but recently we have had to select the next episode.... We're my boxes just "faulty" in that respect or has something changed?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I agree for atleast two years I have had auto play now the last two weeks it has just stopped I have a box in each of my kids room and constantly calling me to change channel it’s a nightmare