cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you still there? Message

A couple of weeks ago we started getting “are you still there? You have been watching for eight hours...” The message appears after several hours but less than eight. We watch Now TV on and off all day. The message appears, we press OK but it cones back after a few minutes and again every 20 or 30 minutes after that.

We have had our box for about three years but this is a recent “feature” to appear. Does anyone know how to turn it off? There does not seem to be anything in Settings.

22 REPLIES 22
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts and letting us know about this message. 

If you start to see this message repeatedly, can you please remove the power cable from the box and then re-start the box? 

We're having a look into this issue and try to find out why this occurs, sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have tried power cycling the box several times but it seems to make little difference.

superglo2012
Scholar 3

I have reset my roku and this message still appears it is your tech side needs attention again with other things that have been reported this is continous and ongoing and should not be happening when you are paying for a service.

This does not happen with any other video apps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is absolutely no reason why the “are you still there “ message should pop up!! The fact of the matter is, i have paid for this service, so there should be no disruption whatsoever! Very annoying!!

RoyB
Legend

Are you sure the message is coming from the NowTV box, and not your TV?

It’s normally a thing TVs do when they have been in for a long time.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Are you sure the message is coming from the NowTV box, and not your TV?

It’s normally a thing TVs do when they have been on for a long time.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.

Using a stick.

Been in contact with support numerous times...still getting the same message, often after only 15 minutes.

To be fair, they did send me a new stick: still getting the message though.

I've advised them that it's a server side coding problem, but they won't accept any independent input....similar to politicians, they know it all!

superglo2012
Scholar 3

I too have been receiving this pointless message while watching programs only, at the moment I am watching brothers and sisters and this message came up 3 times from episodes 1-10 it is getting a bit much, I will contact by email,or does anyone know why this is happening, as it is so annoying and definetly should not happen to ask if you are still there

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been gettimg this since the day i got the box 16 months ago. Happens every 20 mins or so

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still happening just had it while watching the football. Get this sorted out NOW. Just not good enough from NOWTV. Watching the game and this appears and cuts off the program.