cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you still there? Message

A couple of weeks ago we started getting “are you still there? You have been watching for eight hours...” The message appears after several hours but less than eight. We watch Now TV on and off all day. The message appears, we press OK but it cones back after a few minutes and again every 20 or 30 minutes after that.

We have had our box for about three years but this is a recent “feature” to appear. Does anyone know how to turn it off? There does not seem to be anything in Settings.

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I’ve never had any issues but that might how I got rid of my NOW TV Boxes, Smart Stick stuck with Chromecast.
madamtoffee
Scholar

Been having the same problem and it is really annoying and I definitely haven't been watching for 8 hours! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have started to have this issue and been looking around for a solution. Or some way to report it effectivley. I have had no luck with either. It starts to display after about 3 hours, cuts off any live TV I'm watching and then reapears a few mins later when i've started watching again. The truly stupid thing is that there is no way to turn of a nowtv box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been having the same issue. I’ve had it appear just 20mins after turning the box on. Really annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had it twice in a space of 5 minutes, the annoying thing is even if it were on for 8 hours - the movies I'm watching have only lasted a couple of hours each... Unlike Netflix, I have to physically change between each one, same goes for episodes in boxsets so there's no reason for them to be cutting off the viewing with this BS

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have started getting “are you still there? You have been watching for eight hours...” The message appears after several hours but less than eight. I watch Now TV on and off all day. The message appears, I press OK but it comes back after a few minutes and again every 20 or 30 minutes after that.

Can I stop this from happening, it is most annoying ?

jj155. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Support have contacted me twice about this but no resolution yet. The other night we got a message to say the box was idle and was going into standby! So it stopped whilst we were watching it and lost the place in the programme!

last night the “are you still there” came on at 19:02, 19:04, 19:34, 20:35, and more. Twice when we accepted the message it resumed to adverts and took us back to our watch list and forgot where we were in the programme that we were watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Support have now asked for a screen shot of the “are you still there” message so they can look into it. Funny thing is that my TV has no screen shot facility!

in any case the message stopped appearing on Thursday so, fingers crossed, they have done an update to fix this annoying feature.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke too soon, “Are you still there” message returned on Monday! The message vanished before I could get a picture of it.