cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon stick on Now tv

I have a Samsung smart tv with Now tv broadband.  I want to get some more tv programmes, can I use an Amazon fire stick on there too? I read somewhere they are not compatible? Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope your are right the Amazon Fire Stick or Fire Box is not a nowtv supported device Smiley Sad

More info here about what devices you can use with a nowtv pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Edit- Should have added that if you wan't to use a Fire Stick for other content on the stick such has Amazon Video, Netflix etc, then it will work with NowTV Broadband when using legal streaming or download sites.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Samsung tv has more than one hdm1 socket and I can select either in the drop down box, it just says ‘oops something went wrong’ and I can’t get any further.  The tv stick was a gift unfortunately.  It’s not plugged into now tv, but directly into Samsung tv.

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope your are right the Amazon Fire Stick or Fire Box is not a nowtv supported device Smiley Sad

More info here about what devices you can use with a nowtv pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep plug the nowtv smart stick into one of the HDMI ports on your Samsung TV.

With the power for the nowtv smart stick try the supplied power adpator first and once you have everything working on the stick, then if you wish see if usb port on your Samsung TV has sufficient power to operate the stick.

With regards to the oops message it could be a number of things.

As your smart stick connected to your NowTV Hub router wifi successfully ?

Are you a new customer and have you finished setting up your account on the nowtv website with a suitable bank card ?

Also if you are already an existing customer check your personal and bank card details are up to date by going to My Account > Personal Details whilst signed in on here.

If you have compiled with the above maybe try rebooting both your stick and router for about 30 secs.

Still no luck, then maybe switch the power off to your router for about 20 minutes to allow it to acquire a new ip address.

Last resort maybe factory reset the stick and re enter all your details again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s not a now tv stick, I have a now tv box, but the stick is an amazon stick.

The now tv box etc works fine, no probs with that.

I am on a free trial with the amazon stick so can cancel that. I just thought as I am using just ‘now’ broadband the amazon stick might still work?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry my mistake.

Your fire stick should work with the nowtv hub router (my fire stick and fire box works fine connected to my nowtv hub router).

Strangely enough my mate has a fire stick and he had issues with connection to his Sky Hub router (similar to the NowTV hub routers) with an oops network connection error message.

Found some helpful instructions on the internet that solved it and ever since his fire stick has been working fine for Amazon video's and Netflix.

Give me half hour and i will see if i can find the link that i sent him and will post back here if i can find it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh that’s ok, don’t waste time looking, I can do that.  As long as I know it can be done I can look for myself

thankyou and regards 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the error message showing on screen is saying something like oops can't connect to network or similar try this.

First factory reset the fire stick by holding down the Back button and the Right button on your Fire TV remote for 10 seconds until the reset screen pops up.

Then try connecting again to your NowTV wifi network if you are still getting the oops message on screen then follow the instructions on post number 9 of 54 taken from the Sky forums (see link below).

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/Amazon-fire-stick/m-p/2513547/highlight/false#M82617

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I finally got the amazon firestick working by switching off tv for a couple of minutes and rebooting now tv WiFi.  I had to select the source for the stick with the original tv remote and it’s now working as long as I select the correct hdmi  source on tv menu.

it means I have to use 3 remotes which is a bit annoying but I’m looking for a universal app to run it off my iPad or universal remote.

thanks for your help guys!