cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Instant Video on Now TV box

Does anyone know if there is any way of sideloading the Amazon Instant Video app that was recently released for Roku boxes? Haven't found anything useful online.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not possible. You would need Amazon to provide the source code and it's unlikely they will do that. Even Plex have restricted the version available to the "classic" whilst pushing ahead with a more closed source updated version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User it's not possible. You would need Amazon to provide the source code and it's unlikely they will do that. Even Plex have restricted the version available to the "classic" whilst pushing ahead with a more closed source updated version.

Thanks for the info. I assumed because there was a way of getting Plex on it, somehow the Amazon app could be packaged up as well. Might be an excuse to upgrade to a proper Roku box 😕

BicBasher
Elite

If NOW TV wish to stay being stocked by Amazon, they may well add the Amazon app to maintain being sold.

Chromecast is about to stop being stocked by them for the same reason.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Vice Versa would be good too especially of sports and entertainment passes. - that is an app for the Amazon box. Let's face it Now makes its money from passes, more ways of watching the better.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.