cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All4

I’ve been trying to watch the handmaid’s tale from series one on my All four app on my now TV box. It just crashes after a few minutes. I’ve tried lowering the quality in the All app, switching off the now TV box, updating you name it anyone else experiencing this or have a night any idea what’s causing it?. What would be great is if now TV or whoever it is a had a proper technical department to deal with it!

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Have you tried to unplug your router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there thanks for replying yes I did all those things but still seems to be crashing out don’t understand it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me. For the last 3 days whatever I watch on all 4 crashes 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

A couple of people have reported this using their NOW box over on Twitter.

Apart from contacting NOW live chat, it might be worth also contacting All 4 direct (the App developer) using the contact details on this link below.

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us?intcmp=footer_contact 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps @gavs82008 

Just spotted the same this morning using the All4 App on my Now Stick.  Was catching-up with the Batwoman finale episode when after about 10mins or so it crashes out of the App...restarted it again from same point went another couple of minutes and crashed again.  Then removed App, reinstalled it, signed back in again to All4 and started to rewatch from last point, went a few minutes and crashed out.  At that point went over to All4 on my Firestick 4k and finished off the last 20minutes of episode with no issues.  Generally, removing App and reinstalling is my only known thing for clearing any issues, but that doesn't appear to have worked this time.

When reinstalling the All4 App on my Stick, the blurb around build number (etc) gave a date of 18th August.....not sure if the App had a recent update that's left it not working properly on Now devices?????  Hopefully it's an issue that might be getting sorted in due course??

I don't tend to use All4 that often, but will need to use it again this week when catching-up with the latest Harley Quinn double-bill, so can check out again how things go with the App on the Now Stick and whether I might need to switch again to the Firestick version????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps @gavs82008 

Just a quick update on this All4 App issue on Now device/s.  

After using the App on my Now Stick yesterday to try and watch the latest episode of Harley Quinn, I was summarily crashed out of the App after about 60s of show action.....you always get through the adverts ok, it never crashes during an ad just during the good stuff!!!!  Anyway, after that I used the link up the thread to contact CH4/All4 directly and today I got a reply.  The following is a paragraph from that reply:

"We are sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with All4 on your device. We can advise that we are aware of an issue currently affecting this device and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, please keep an eye out for an update for the All4 app on your device."

Seems to be a known issue that is being worked on with regards Now device/s.  

We'll just need to keep an eye on this and keep checking for fresh updates to the All4 App and hopefully we'll be right again soon?????