cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Advised that I'm streaming now tv when watching film 4

I have a now tv box which was running film 4.   I tried to watch gold on now tv on a now tv stick but I was told that I was streaming already on another device.  We could only get it to work in the now tv stick by completely switching off the now tv box at the wall.  Any idea how the now tv box will correctly register when I'm streaming now tv or more importantly when I'm not?

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User can I assume that the box you were using to watch Film 4 is the black and blue box with integrated Freeview?

If it is, sadly I don't own one of them to test if the new rules on single streams is affecting the Freeview side of things. Not sure if one of the super users like @schnapps has one still and could test it.

If the new rules are affecting the Freeview side of things, that would be a huge oversight by Now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was you watching Film 4 through the All 4 App or if you have the NOW Freeview Smart box (black box with the blue NOWTV logo on the top casing) then was you watching it on the live Freeview over the air channel on this particular box ?

Going on past experience neither method should trigger the number of simultaneous streams on your account, unless there is a glitch.

i am a Boost Member so it would be tricky for me to test this out, where also my NOW Freeview Smart box is not currently in use at the moment, where my TV aerial is used for other duties on other Freeview devices.

I am assuming you didn't watch any NOW content on the box up to say 15 minutes (to be on the safe side) before this happened or left a NOW stream running in the background on the box and didn't stop it ?

When i jump between NOW devices i usually stop the stream, then keep pressing the back button until i reach the main NOW Home Screen page.

if it keeps happening, then the only thing i can suggest is to report it to Live Chat or send them an email about it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.  I'll try your tip of using the back button when changing devices.

I must say that the fact that I have to wait 15min between switching devices is rubbish.  How can you move rooms during an ad break and continue to watch the same program? Or is it just me who does that?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW mentions 10 minutes between different devices when watching NOW content on them.

I only said 15 minutes to be on the safe side.

No idea how it takes so long between using devices that could possibly trigger the message.

Should you be watching NOW on a PC switching between internet browsers, then this will also effect the simultaneous streams purely using your PC when watching NOW content.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/maximum-number-of-simultaneous-streams