cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A question

If I got a new smart tv box can I transfer my account from my now tv one to this one
9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, you can have a maximum of four devices on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
But can I transfer my old account to the new one then delete the old one
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, if you have reached the maximum of four devices, you are permitted to remove one and add one new device per a calendar month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you sorry for being a pain lol
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

More information here about managing your devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick question when you say that you have bought a new smart box are you using your nowtv existing account ? 

There is no need to setup a new account for this new smart box, where you can use your existing account username and password on up to four devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I don’t have a new smart box but thank you for your help I still have the old I just wanted to know that I could transfer my old account to the new one with all that I have on the old one when I get the new box
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you do get your new nowtv box, you can use the same existing account username and password on the new box and still use the older box as well if you wish.

There is no need to setup a new nowtv account when you decide to buy a new extra box (unless you have a particular reason for creating a new account which is not advisable and if this is the case you won't be able to transfer your existing passes to your new account).

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi Neil

I just want to back up what you have been told by Schnapps with my own history of Now TV account usage.

OK, back in October 2014 I set up my Now TV account, then I had a white box.  The white box started to fail sometime in 2016 so I replaced it with a black box, I used my original account set up in 2014 to attach my new black box to with absolutely no change or modification to my account necessary.

A little late on, still in 2016, I purchased a second Now TV black box and added it to my existing account, my son is using this box, again I did not make any change because it was not necessary.

In early 2017, I purchased a Roku 3 box and added it my account and finally this month I added my android tablet, again with both additions I did not need to make any changes.

Now, if you were keeping count, you will see that I have added four devices to my Now TV account in total, one of which is now inactive/deleted, so I have three live/active devices and at no time did I have to do anything to my account, such as amend, update or change.

And finally, to add a new device to my account all I had to do was sign my devices into my home wi-fi network, sign each device into my Now TV account and that was that.

No stress and no bother, Easy Peasy.

UK Bob