cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

720 Or 1080 Option In Black Box Settings ?

Up until now I have had a 720 (HD Ready) tv and selected 720 in Now box options. However I will soon be getting a (Full HD ) 1080 tv. Do I select this option in the Now box menu or keep it at 720 ? I read somewhere the Now box only "transmits" in 720. I would be interested to know what people with Full HD televisions choose. Also should I select the higher display option in the BBC Iplayer settings or not ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With your new 1080P TV in the box Display settings, set your NowTV Black box to either Auto or 1080p.

Like you have said NowTV still only currently streams at a maximum of 720p for the NowTV service, but other Apps such has BBC iPlayer and YouTube for example can show 1080p content.

When i had my 1080P TV i just set up my old black nowtv box to 1080p which was the native resolution of the TV display (now using a 4K TV with a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and NowTV 4K Smart Box and set them up to 4K to match the panel resolution of the TV).

Try both resolution if you wish to see if the source or the TV provides the better upscaling (let your eyes be the judge which setting looks better to you).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With your new 1080P TV in the box Display settings, set your NowTV Black box to either Auto or 1080p.

Like you have said NowTV still only currently streams at a maximum of 720p for the NowTV service, but other Apps such has BBC iPlayer and YouTube for example can show 1080p content.

When i had my 1080P TV i just set up my old black nowtv box to 1080p which was the native resolution of the TV display (now using a 4K TV with a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and NowTV 4K Smart Box and set them up to 4K to match the panel resolution of the TV).

Try both resolution if you wish to see if the source or the TV provides the better upscaling (let your eyes be the judge which setting looks better to you).