cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 year old black nowtv box not working after storage

• Hi, just connected my 3 year old now tv black box after keeping it in a drawer for 18 months or so. The box seems to start off fine, lets me setup the wifi but then crashes and all I get is a black screen. I have tried the hard reset which just makes it reboot then run through the wifi setup again but then just crashes after that. Any ideas to fix or just bin the box?
3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if any of these trouble shooting steps helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Also if you have another TV in your home, try it with the NowTV Box to see if it makes any difference and if you own a smartphone try connecting temporarily to your phones wifi hotspot feature to see if the box gets pass the wireless setup connection on the box settings.

If practically possible see if the NowTV black box works over Ethernet instead of wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for you reply. I have been looking at some old problems and this might be an issue that many people couldnt resolve where their box started as normal but went into a bizarre loop with the 'lets get started screen' which I get if I just turn the box off and on instead of the reset

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curisoity who is your ISP ?

Maybe try typing the "Let's get started screen message" in the NowTV search engine on the top of the  forum pages to see what results come back, where there may be a thread with a solution.

Otherwise like you mentioned, bin the box (make sure you remove your account details off the box by another factory reset) and look at the NowTV stick with a bundled pass of your choice.