cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 now tv boxes in one house - how many accounts should I have?

I've just got a second NOW TV box (different needs of 5 year old vs teenagers during day and parents vs teenagers at night!)

I've set it up using the same account but have realised only having 4 devices available won't be enough (as we use the laptop and ipad plus phones sometimes, plus the 2 TVs)

Would I be better having 2 seperate accounts for each NOW TV box? Is that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You can set up a second account, using a different email address if you wish. You could then apply parental controls to this account to set an appropriate level for the younger children to use for example. 

http://account.nowtv.com/parental-pin

The only problem with a second account is you cannot share any passes you have on the first account with it, you would need to buy passes for the second account as well (although you may, for example, only want the kids pass on the second account whereas you would use other passes on the first for example).

The alternative is to stick with one account and decide between you all which devices are going to be registered (bearing in mind the 4 device limit and no more than 2 devices streaming at once).

The choice is yours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice
I hadn't thought about the passes issue!
Can you switch between 2 accounts on 1 TV? If so how? - is there a sign in?
Also in adding our new TV to the device list I thought I'd manage the list
and name the devices. I didn't know which ios devices were on so deleted
them but it's now saying I can't add them back till 1st Dec - I still have
1 of the 4 devices not selected so why do I need to wait till next Thursday?
K
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can't sign into two accounts at once, but you can sign out of one account and then sign into the second and so forth, it's just a bit of a faff. On the NOW TV boxes you open up the NOW TV app and go to the My Account screen from the main menu (similar on other devices).

But then you are going to end up with the same problem of that device being added to the device list when you try to watch NOW TV and so you end up with no slots free - if you plan on two accounts best to keep different devices for different accounts to stay within your limit of 4.

With regards you've hit your device limit now, have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices
and click the Start Live Chat button.