cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVFanInBrum
Mentor

2 Accounts - 1 Box

I have a NOW TV Box with Freeview (logo in blue). My partner and I have an account each but he would now like to watch his sports on the TV rather than on his Ipad which he has been doing.

How do we switch accounts on the TV screen / Now TV box? There does not appear to be an option to sign out on the TV app. As I see it, the only way to do this is to perform a reset which does seem a bit extreme?

Do I need an upgraded box? A stick? Any suggestions please, thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TVFanInBrum

To switch accounts from the NOW main screen on the NOW box, navigate to the bottom grid row where you will see the My Account tile box.

Click on the My Account tile box where you can sign in and out with different NOW accounts. 

TVFanInBrum
Mentor
Thanks for your reply.

This was not as straight forward as you would think.

Upon switching on the box, it takes you to the home screen. There is no bottom screen you can scroll down to here. The information rotates over and over.

Then I had a thought. Maybe you have to open the Now app in My Apps.

I did this and scrolled all way down to bottom screen which was not easy by the way. There, I saw the My Account tile which had the sign in information.

What a palaver!

Something needs to be done about this to make it easier.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TVFanInBrum 

I haven't used the NOW Freeview Smart box in a long time and on the other NOW boxes from the main home screen by navigating down to the bottom of the grid rows there is the My Account tile box.

It sounds to me there is a glitch or software bug on the NOW Freeview Smart box if you can't see the bottom tile grid row from the main home screen with the tiles such has Home, Search, TV Guide, My Account, Settings.

I know on the branded NOW boxes when on the main home screen by pressing the back button on the remote controller it would bring up some quick access options on the LHS of the screen (can't remember if My Account is one of them or not).

Perhaps consider running down one account and cancelling it and in the future add all the passes on one single account if you don't stream the two passes independently on different devices at the same time or if there is a Boost Membership on the account.

TVFanInBrum
Mentor
Yes, I have one of the older Now box with blue logo. It is not the latest one with voice control etc

It works very well, no problems.

Having the one account with different passes means someone gets stitched up paying for stuff they don't want to watch eg sport! 🤣

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TVFanInBrum Constantly switching accounts on a single box is a bit of a faff - well, a lot of faff actually. A better solution would be for your partner to buy an Amazon Firestick, as Now boxes and sticks are no longer manufactured. If your tv has an unused hdmi port, both devices can be left plugged in, otherwise you’ll just have to switch  devices. Much less confusing than asking “who was using the Now box last?” And risking accidentally setting up duplicate accounts.

TVFanInBrum
Mentor
Thanks for your reply.

I would rather not have to go to any additional expense. Why should I?

Anyway, no spare HDMI slots.