cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

⚠️ Blue screen on your box / stick

We're aware of an issue where some customers are the screen flash blue for a short period on their box / stick. Our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

To help our teams with the investigation can we ask you to reply to this topic and provide the following infomation:

1. Content details (name of film or series and episode number)
  2. Device type and serial number (Black box, Stick, Smart box with blue now tv logo, Smart 4k box with pink now tv logo)
  3. Television make and model, power cable used, being used with bundled HDMI lead etc
  4. Time the issue was seen to the closest hour
  • If possible, upload a video of the blue screen appearing with your reply

Thanks

Simon 

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

i have this issue: content: Frozen 2, device: black box serial no: 84277N029262, tv: Panasonic TX-P50GT50B.

can you advise on a fix please? It is incredibly irritating.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks so much for clarifying those details. Can we just ask you to clarify the following:

- is the HDMI cable your using the one that was included with the box?

- is the power cable the same one that was included with the box?

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

Yes on both counts

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this on many programmes with the black box.

It is the original power supply, could not swear about the HDMI.

Time seems not to be important, I got it midday, evening etc.

That major update really was not so good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been getting flashes of blue screen on anything I watch since you've revamped NOW TV. I even get it while looking through the index, there it goes & doesn't come back til I use the back arrow. It's bloody annoying, ruining my enjoyment and hardly bother with it anymore as hate the new layout also. Once my subscription runs out next month, I don't think I'll bother resubscribing! Shame, I used to love it!!  Have a box, Sony TV connected by HDMI lead as has always been the case for years and never a problem before you changed the format. I think we should be getting compensation tbh!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just started noticing this today.

Watching - The Secret Garden

Time - Started at viewing at 13:45, currently still happening.

Although the wife and daughter say it has been happening with other films this morning.

Get the blue screen about every 60 seconds or so and it stays visible for up to 2 seconds.

Black Box.

TV - LG Plasma 42PG6010

HDMI Cable is not the one that came with the box, however is the one that has been installed and working with the box with no problems for the past 6 months.

Power supply is the one supplied with the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same blue screen problem. The only way I've found to solve it (not ideal but has worked so far) is to unplug the powerlead from the roku box once you've finished viewing and plug back in when you're next ready for some sky TV. Crazy to have to do this but unfortunately blue screen issues every time if I don't.  It's  good to know the now tv IT experts are on the case with the usual advise "have you turned it off and turned it on again?". Don't they get the point that we shouldn't have to continually do this as a fix? Doubt we'll see anything change until the next ui and background update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching sky sports on tv box and it keeps flashing between programme and Blue screen.  Hdmi cable and is a Toshiba 42 inch tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same Blue Screen problem since the update that changed the format of the home screen 

Frankly, I preferred the old format and I never had a problem with it.