cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

⚠️ Blue screen on your box / stick

We're aware of an issue where some customers are the screen flash blue for a short period on their box / stick. Our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

To help our teams with the investigation can we ask you to reply to this topic and provide the following infomation:

1. Content details (name of film or series and episode number)
  2. Device type and serial number (Black box, Stick, Smart box with blue now tv logo, Smart 4k box with pink now tv logo)
  3. Television make and model, power cable used, being used with bundled HDMI lead etc
  4. Time the issue was seen to the closest hour
  • If possible, upload a video of the blue screen appearing with your reply

Thanks

Simon 

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting the same thing we have got three boxese and they all have blue screen flash dose not matter which tv or movie we have on tried different tv to boxese but no luck. Getting very tired of it fast. Its all started on the last big update which looks pants. If it was not brocken why play around with it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casper @ 20:15 07/11/2020.

Now tv black box 84274J000041

Samsung model LE32B450C4W

original hdmi and power cable supplied  being used.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box on a Hitachi TV Blue screen stating

'NOW TV currently unavailable' since around 5pm. And STILL unavailable.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the blue screen has just started this morning. I have a black box, hdmi, LG tv that’s an older version (so not smart) - it started flashing a full blue screen intermittently while watching “the vow” documentary. 

Have any answers/resolutions been recognised? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have black NOWTV box S/N326670100572.

Blue screen appears all the time on all programmes watched irrespective of programme or time.

Connected to Samsung TV using cables supplied with Now TV box. Was working well until about 2 weeks ago. 😬. please resolve ASAP. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box

Samsung TV original power cable and hdmi

Very frustrating 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue now resolved (hopefully!😬).

Removed power and HDMI cables from NOW box and rebooted router and reassembled.

Currently ok. Watch this space 🙄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed so!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blue screen flashes every minute for a couple of seconds.

Black box s/n 3266AV207251

Sony TV

All original cables 

Really annoying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happens bang on every 60 seconds.

The blue colour is the same as the background on the nowtv menu.

TV does not show any sign of losing input.

Seems to happen across all content, I've just watched 10mins of FBI S2E06 and counted 10 flashes every 60 seconds with a stopwatch running.

Using a NowTV Black Box (fairly old now I admit, but has always worked flawlessly).

One thing I have noticed is that when I pause the stream the same blue screen appears permanently (no text, no pictures, no logo or anything). Could this be related to pausing a stream and it not resuming properly? I'll test this later. If I let the content play right to the end (past credits etc.) the same blue screen again.

Happy to try beta updates if you need someone to test fixes - I have a couple of identical black boxes...