cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

⚠️ Blue screen on your box / stick

We're aware of an issue where some customers are the screen flash blue for a short period on their box / stick. Our teams are working hard to get to the bottom of this.

To help our teams with the investigation can we ask you to reply to this topic and provide the following infomation:

1. Content details (name of film or series and episode number)
  2. Device type and serial number (Black box, Stick, Smart box with blue now tv logo, Smart 4k box with pink now tv logo)
  3. Television make and model, power cable used, being used with bundled HDMI lead etc
  4. Time the issue was seen to the closest hour
  • If possible, upload a video of the blue screen appearing with your reply

Thanks

Simon 

33 REPLIES 33
deshepherd
Advocate

Was getting blue screens tonight. Watching Riviera s3e1, NowTV box, Samsung TV + Yamaha AVR, original PSU but probably not supplied HDMI cable.

Found this thread and noticed the 60sec comment so started checking ... blue sceen is flashing up for ~1sec every 60secs *exactly* at the start of th eminue - after program ended went to the menu page and there's a similr flick to blue screen and back *exactly* as the time display in top right corner ticks forward a minute.

As others have commented this has been a persistent problem since the new "homepage" wasa introduced ... and like most other comments, I hate the new look and thought the previous more minimalist style was perfect.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
Spoiler
I seem to have cured problem by going into settings on Now TV a d switching the picture resolution to 720.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same issue - blue screen appearing during viewing, including on the navigation menu. Also only on the new layout, no problem on the previous one. 

Used original box, and HDMI cable, both of which were previously fine.  Connected to an LG TV.

I checked after seeing this comment, and yes - once I timed it, it happens every 60s! 

Fortunately I've got a smart TV with the NowTV app installed on that, so I've been using that instead of the box, with no blue screen issues. It doesn't make me keen on a continued subscription though, given this issue has been going on so long without resolution 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you!
I've changed to the app on my Smart TV. Actually much more convenient but
for people who rely on the box, this ongoing problem is shameful.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It could be the beginning of the end for the black box. 
To be fair I don’t think Now TV should be providing any devices for their product, they should be focusing purely on getting the app on as many devices as possible. They should also be making sure the app is the same across all big screen devices like Sony Android TV and Apple TV 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really hope this gets sorted soon as I have just resubscribed at £9.99 and found this error, its sooooooo frustrating!! 

It doesn't matter what time of day or what programme it does it all the time.

I have an LG tv with now tv black box and hdmi cable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad santa now tv box sony tv. started experiencing this issue tonight. Has any resolution been found? Only started the subscription again in the last week and tempted to cancel if the issue continues. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn’t matter what time of day but it does only happen when watching something (anything) on catch up. Watched a film “live” and the blue screen never appeared !

We have a now tv black box with original cables on a Samsung smart tv.

Again, these issues only started after the update ...have treated ourselves to the movie package for Christmas ...currently paying for a blue screen every minute ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems it is happening to anything I am watching. I have a now tv black box and I have it connected to my LG tv. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constant blue flashing will be cancelling if it doesn't improve, ruins viewing