cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

warning box

hey can anyone help i am getting a box flashing up with a warning on both my now tv stick both are plugged in at the main not the USB. What can I do / do I need to get a new wire. Any help would be appreciated 🙏 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any error message on screen when using the NOW Stick ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you seeing a low or insufficient power message on your television screen (see this linked help article below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/low-insufficient-power-warning-smart-stick 

Or are you seeing a different message or is there an error code ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If i have read your first post correctly you mentioned two Sticks ?

Are both Sticks showing the same error and i am assuming they are connected to two different televisions in different locations around your home.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi yes 2 x now tv stick  on 2 different tv on in living room  one in bedroom 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi thank you for replying this is the message I am get on my 2 TV's the link doesn't really help me out as my now tv sticks are plugged in at the mains not USB so I can't work out why I am seeing the message. The message pops up at last 1st a day on the living room tv and the one in the bedroom just will not work at all even when I restart the now tv the message just doesn't go off so we can't use that stick at the moment 😑 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the error message about low or insufficient power ?

If so, i am surprised it's happening on two different Sticks (unless they are both on the same electrical ring main in your home and something is causing it).

Does any of your televisions have a USB port rated at 900MA or 0.9A on it (500MA or 0.5A USB port on the television would cause the same above error) ?

If your television has the higher USB port specification, then try that for power instead of the supplied power adapter that came with the Sticks.

Should it be a different error message, please confirm back the full message you are seeing on the television screens when using both Sticks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the two Sticks are on the same electrical ring main and none of your televisions have a USB port rated around 900MA / 0.9A to test the Stick on.

Then if you can identify the electrical ring main circuit and has a test try an extension power cable off another electrical ring main wall socket with one of the Sticks.

I would be also tempted to try a full factory reset on one of the Sticks by holding in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst powered up to see if it clears the error message (only try one Stick just in case the full factory reset doesn't help and the error remains once you setup the Stick again from scratch using your existing NOW account login details).