cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

voice search not working

Hi, the voice search function on my NowTv Smart Stick has stopped working. 

We now just get the "sorry, couldn't understand that" message. 

I have tried all sorts of angles, volume, accents!!

It did work when we first got the stick. 

Thanks

John

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The voice search feature on the NowTV smart remote controller is not working on my NowTV 4K Smart box, where i have reported it to the relevant NowTV Team.

Out of curiosity are you on any NowTV Trials at the moment ?

If so just reply back yes or no.

Or it could be more general to everyone who has the voice smart search remote controller on both NowTV and Roku Players.

I will have to dig out my Roku Stick Plus to see if the same thing is also happening on this device as well to see if it is OS related.

Though i would have thought more people would have noticed it and brought it up on the forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting in touch, I don't think I am on any trials - we do have various passes which will expire at the end of the month but not sure that would cause this issue as other passes will continue.

Ours is a Roku 4k smart stick. 

I haven't reported it officially yet - how would I do that?

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Your passes coming to the end has no bearing for the loss of the voice search feature on your Roku remote.

Sounds like you have the Roku 4K Stick Plus device that i also have in the back Cinema Room which i haven't checked yet.

I have already reported the fault to NowTV for their own smart remote controller.

Give my a hour and i will see if it's already reported on the Roku Community Forum and if it's a bug on their latest Roku software i would imagine Roku & NowTV are already in the process on trying to fix it (not sure the time frame though if that's the case). 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just checked my Roku Stick Plus and the voice search off the remote seems to be working fine from my quick test.

Out of curiosity whats the software version saying on your Roku Stick ?

You can find the software version by going to Settings > System > About.

My Roku Stick is showing 9.2.0 build 4807-50.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The software version is 9.2.3 build 4123-56

It is quite a new stick - only had it a month or so and it worked fine initially but has stopped recognising our voice in the last few days.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just for clarification you say on your first post a NowTV Stick then on your second post you say a Roku 4K stick which are different devices.

So which one do you own or do you own both ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This link shows a picture of the NowTV smart stick.

https://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry yes its that one, the nowtv stick (on the load up page it says powered by Roku which is where I've got confused!)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that's the case i have already reported the fault to the NowTV Team.

Whilst waiting for the NowTV Team to look into this you could try a forced software update on the stick by following step 6 of this linked guide below.

Though i doubt a forced update will have any effect.

Let my know if it does.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Also by the way your NowTV Smart Stick is HD not 4K where hopefully it was a typo mistake when you said Roku 4K Stick.