cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

unable to connect phone to Tv

Hi! I am frustrated now not being able to speak to a staff to help me.. i normally use my phone as a remote control to my tv when watching nowtv on my television. I am now not able to do that. There suddenly seem to be no connection between my phone and my tv.. pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity does your NowTV Stick work with the NowTV supplied remote controller and who is your ISP where there may be something blocking it on your Router when using the App on your smartphone ?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own an iPhone, but you are not the only person encountering this problem. 

See another thread linked below. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Remote-Over-WiFi-Using-iphone/m-p/540739

Sorry I don't know the answer how to resolve it, but I did flag the issue with a NowTV Staff member. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless somebody on the forum who knows of a fix that uses an iPhone.

Then you may have to use the Roku App remote control feature on this App instead.

You can download the free Roku App from your phone Apps Store. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi! thank you dor replying! I have actually done that too but it seems the tv does not have the connection? it is not working either.. it seems like there is no conncetion between them really don’t
Know... i’ve tried to reset my nowtv stick but hasn’t really helped..
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I occasionally use the Roku App (not NowTV App) on my Android smartphone or Android tablet to control my NowTV branded devices and never had a problem using the Roku App has a remote control on the rare occasions that i use it (more old school and prefer a proper remote).

I am guessing with the phone with the Roku App on it is on the same wifi network has your Stick ?

If you have another smartphone or tablet has a temporary test, does that work with Roku App and Stick.

Unfortunately i can't help with the NowTV App with the Remote & Cast button features because i don't own an iPhone.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity does your NowTV Stick work with the NowTV supplied remote controller and who is your ISP where there may be something blocking it on your Router when using the App on your smartphone ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi! thank u for replying... everything was working fine until my remote control that came with it broke.. have been using my iphone.. but then suddenly there seemed to be no connection between my phone and the tv ... the small nowtv box on top of the nowtv homepage on my phone is gone.. that was what i was clicking for it to work...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
thank u for replying.. i had a remote control but it broke so we have been using our iphones instead.. until one day there seemed to be no connection between the two.. that nowtv small box on top of the nowtv homepage on my phone suddenly would not appear...

Will try to download the roku remote and see What happens...i even tried to buy a new remote control but it did not work
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank u for replying... i answered thru my email inly to be notified later it did not send! i will try downloading the roku remote and see if it will work...

We used to have the remote control that came with the kit however it broke.. then we used our iphones as remote until suddenly there seemed to be no connection between the two... the nowtv homepage on my phone had a nowtv box on top right which u click to start the remote but that box disappeared even if i reset everything already!